We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good for kids?

8 posts
Save Topic
Good for kids?

We are staying on village of stump sound on north topsail. We have six kids from age 3 to 13. I'm looking for suggestions on kid friendly activities near the area. Also is the beach good for swimming in that area?

13 replies to this topic
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Good for kids?

My boys love sharks!!! So im hoping we get lucky and find some teeth.

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
209 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Good for kids?

Visit the North Carolina Fossil Club Web-page....Click on Trip Reports...and look at Topsail Island for May and June 2015....It will show pictures of the fossils and other beach treasures. When we were there in March we were able to find several nice specimens....sandollars, sea urchins, oysters etc... all about 30 million years old. If you are looking at the ocean/beach from Stump Sound you will want to go left...to find the most "treasure". We noticed several collectors with five gallon pickle buckets of "treasure"...Good luck and I see "treasure" in your and your families future.

Topsail Island...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Good for kids?

We are Headhunter Outdoors Inshore fishing Charters. Kids have a great time with us and we love to have them. We fish in the beautiful Sound ,creeks, and marsh between the island and mainland. Lots to see and learn as the Sound areas are the estuary for all species of saltwater fish. We specialize in Red Drum and, Flounder, although we catch many different species. Lots of wildlife and awesome scenery you can't see from the Beach. So check us out at headhunteroutdoors.com and give us a call 910-329-0818 to reserve your day on the water with us.

Reply to: Good for kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach