We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First trip

I'm excited to have booked our first vacation at Topsail for the week of June 4th. We are staying in an oceanfront home that appears to be right between the two bridges that bring you in to Topsail. We have been faithful OBX'ers (South Nags Head area) for the past 17 years. A few homes in Topsail caught my eye this year and we've decided to give it a try. We are people that go to the beach for the beach, so I'm not over concerned that there isn't a lot of entertainment at Topsail. However, I am interested in knowing if we can find good all-you-can-eat crab legs anywhere close by? I'd love to know how South Nags Head and North Topsail Beach compare (particularly if you are very familiar with both). Also, any travel advice (coming in from VA)? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
Nags Head
Nags Head
Outer Banks, NC
North Topsail Beach
North Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
13 replies to this topic
Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First trip

We have a vacation home at North Topsail and we just love it. Very low key and peaceful. A bit of advice when arriving. The swing bridge opens at the top of the hour and traffic can back up. You can drive a little further down 17 highway and come in over the high rise bridge at North Topsail. We have had good snow crab legs at the shuckin shack oyster bar before you get to the island and Ricks in Sneads Ferry just over the high rise bridge. Hope you have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
North Topsail Beach
North Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
12. Re: First trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 August 2017, 01:35

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First trip

We've been here for a few days and can't figure out the traffic. Every time we go out it is a parking lot. Saturday afternoon traffic jam was the worst I've ever experienced on the coast - 1 1/2 hour to go 2 miles. Trying to go out Sunday we gave up after 15 minutes. Friends said it was OK in the mid morning.

Reply to: First trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach