We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accessibility

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
accessibility

we are thinking of going in October and it will just be two of us. We need accommodations with a ramp or elevator and a king bed, oceanfront. My budget is flexible but I don't want a huge house.

Anyone have ideas? A plus would be a ramped dune top sitting area.

Sea Vista Motel
Sea Vista Motel
#1 of 2 hotels in Topsail Beach
Jolly Roger Inn & Pier
Jolly Roger Inn & Pier
#2 of 2 hotels in Topsail Beach
Breezeway Motel
Breezeway Motel
#1 of 2 hotels in Holly Ridge
7 replies to this topic
North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accessibility

The Shipwatch villas have a ramp to the beach. They have one bedroom units.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accessibility

ooo, thank you!

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accessibility

I thought the Shipwatch had one bedroom, but I think they are all 2 and 3 bedrooms

This one is a 2 bedroom with a King. You can see the beach access in the pictures.

treasurerealty.com/vacation/shipwatch/detail…

This one has a better view but has a Queen.

treasurerealty.com/vacation/shipwatch/detail…

Remember look for Ship Watch Villas. NOT Ship Watch town homes or Ship Watch I or II

Lots of choices here:

cbcoastline.com/vacation/category/shipwatchv…

Edited: 16 June 2016, 06:38
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accessibility

I actually like the 3 bdrm concept. That view is fabulous if you get 4th floor and the balcony is accessible to 3 rooms. Pretty darn nice. I'll take a look at the other although I've talked to Treasure twice. I told them exactly what I told you and they came up with nothing-in May of 2017. I even encouraged one agent to look around a little for something and she told me I had to tell her which units and which dates. tmi. thanks!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accessibility

I want to be able to watch the ghost crabs run on the beach-that close. I want to hear the surf and wake up to it in the morning. I'm disabled so if I don't have that, I rarely get a full look at the ocean. I would miss that so much. That's all, I've got my spot. :)

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accessibility

Larry's Lazy Susan/North Topsail Beach

It a private rental > it is posted on HomeAway and VRBO and it's on Web page.

Larry Martin is the owner's and his phone # is 540-616-8447...If interested in renting I would contact him directly.

It is a larger home but we are also a party of two and utilize mainly the first floor and it a perfect fit.

I love LLS...it is a wonderful home and location. You can't get any closer beach/oceanfront, even when you are sitting inside...you are still on the beach. You also have a view of the sound.

Checking the calendar it looks like it booked except for the last week of October going into November.

Good luck in your search...as someone who has mobility issues finding someplace that can meet your needs/wants can be difficult.

Mentioned in this post
North Topsail Beach
North Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
656 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: accessibility

And once you get there, be aware that the excellent Daddy Mac's restaurant in Surf City (right next to the pier) has an elevator to their high location, including their great deck overlooking the beach. It's always fun to watch the surfers below while either having dinner or sitting around in one of their rocking chairs outside with a rum and coke or such thing.

Mentioned in this post
Surf City
Surf City
Topsail Island, NC
Reply to: accessibility
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach