We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharks,

Coshocton, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Sharks,

I've been coming to Topsail since 1992. There was a recent article in a Top Sail publication about a group catching sharks for tagging and release. My question is , why are these people (Geoff Rouser) allowed to do this at the beach where people are trying to relax and not be worried about their children. As far as I'm concerned the state of NC.should pass legislation to kill all sharks that swim on shore,and expose people to harm. Let the fisherman catch all they want. I understand there has to be a check and balance in the ecosystem per se. But to me my life or my families life is more impotant than all the sharks swimming in the sea. Thnak You

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Sharks,

Due to the lethal amount of common sense.

High Point, North...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Sharks,

You should probably thank Geoff Rouser. I'm sure the shark was looking for one of your children to eat but came across the bait Geoff put out and ate it instead. You owe him

Edited: 19 July 2016, 17:23
Dallas
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sharks,

How do we feel about cougars? It's a bit of a Catch-22...More cougars might save lives: http://goo.gl/a3Y6cL

Elkin, North...
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sharks,

I think the post is a fake. Nobody can be that.....well you know.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sharks,

I reported the thread yesterday as "not travel related". If a few of you good folks will do the same we can make it disappear.

I doubt our friend from Ohio will be returning.

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Topsail Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Sharks,

That happened at NORTH Topsail about 20 miles north of Topsail Beach.

Mentioned in this post
North Topsail Beach
North Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
Topsail Beach
Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
17. Re: Sharks,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach