We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden sands or sunny beach

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Golden sands or sunny beach

Hi we're a couple aged 62 and 56. Looking at going to Bulgaria. Just wondering which resort would suite better. Want some life but not full of kids and mad clubs

Mentioned in this post
17 replies to this topic
merseyside
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden sands or sunny beach

You should go to Golden sands its much better not as many young ones there more for families . There is a big market open every day of the week and the best hotel to go to is Grand Marina hotel but its a 4/5 star or the shipka isn't bad.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden sands or sunny beach

Thank you

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden sands or sunny beach

I have been to sunny beach but much prefer golden sands albena is also good for a laid back holiday

sunny beach is big to big for me to much of a rush golden sands is smaller more family's

if you go to golden sands then use Varna airport if sunny beach use burgas airport

but its golden sands for me

a good adult only hotel in golden sands is the metropol its not a 18/ 30 hotel

many other good hotels myself I don't do all in because its cheap to eat out but if you want all in the griffid group of hotels are the best for all in they have six now I think

you could look at the Balkan holidays wep site much to look at there

Mentioned in this post
Varna
Varna
Varna Province, Bulgaria
The Balkan
The Balkan
199 Reviews
Sveti Vlas, Bulgaria
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden sands or sunny beach

Thank you

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden sands or sunny beach

Golden beach hotel was great hotel in golden sands we just spent most of our time there after spending 1 night in a hell hole called hotel perla the food you wouldn't feed to your dog it's was just a load of slop but made up for it when we went golden beach food was great and good kids entertainer for my daughter made my daughter's holiday her name was Katy I'm going to complain to Balkan holidays about hotel perla but they didn't listen to me over in golden sands so doubt they will now I'm back in England

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,856 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden sands or sunny beach

I prefer Sunny Beach, having been visiting for over 20 years. Golden Sands is a lot smaller and its hilly. Not as many Brits and also you are limited with flights to the nearest airport in Varna.

Sunny Beach caters for all tastes and ages, nearest airport is Bourgas. Although it does cater for the 18-30s crowd, they are only in a very small area and its possible you would not come across them at all, depending on where you stay. Its a short bus ride to UNESCO site of Old Nessebur in one direction or the village of Sveti Vlas with its upmarket marina in the opposite direction. A much larger choice of hotels too.

Mentioned in this post
Sunny Beach
Sunny Beach
Burgas Province, Bulgaria
Varna
Varna
Varna Province, Bulgaria
Sveti Vlas
Sveti Vlas
Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden sands or sunny beach

OK - I think both resorts are OK. Sunny Beach is lively - as are certain parts of GS.

Are we talking about the same hotel regarding the Perla ? if we are talking about the same place, it`s not that bad.

I give up.

Best,

Paul

Mentioned in this post
Sunny Beach
Sunny Beach
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden sands or sunny beach

The food you wouldn't feed your dog hotel perla is just slop

Edited: 03 June 2018, 07:37
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Golden sands or sunny beach

Katy from golden beach hotel in golden sands add me on Facebook Steven trainor you was an amazing entertainer for my daughter thanks for making are holiday

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden sands or sunny beach

biggest complaint in Bulgaria is hotel food

that's why I go B&B only

if you go all in you must have a good hotel in golden sands the griffid group of hotels are good ( they have 6 now I think )

as are some others but most you will be eating out

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Golden sands or sunny beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations