We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for a family holiday?

surrey
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for a family holiday?

Hi, I wondered where people would recommend for a family holiday (children 9 and 6) - would golden sands be the best place, or is that too noisy? We don't want somewhere that is very noisy as the children are in bed by 9ish.

Would you recommend getting a car?

thanks for any advice on Bulgaria generally as a being a good/not so good place for families to go

Mentioned in this post
Risor, Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
278 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best place for a family holiday?

Golden Sands is best for a family. Melia is a good hotel. Its quiet and nice.

Mentioned in this post
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
Varna Province, Bulgaria
New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Best place for a family holiday?

I think Bulgaria can be a great place for a family vacation. You have more than enough places and attractions for the whole family. I have been there a few times with friends but I could see tons of families with small children having a blast :)

You can check this page out, it recommends one family attraction in Bulgaria and they have plenty more recommendations for more : routeperfect.com/itineraries/bulgarias-best-…

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best place for a family holiday?

i have just looked at that site routeperfect i would not recomend it for children and really not for small children with children you really want to be in the same place for at least a week the roads are not good and all that moveing about is not nice for children not the same for adults

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,461 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best place for a family holiday?

The original poster asked the questions in September 2015 !

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best place for a family holiday?

yes but as the poster has children and school holidays are over in september i took it that they were asking for the 2016 season i may be wrong i better have a beer

any way how you doing going back to golden sands again yet

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,461 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best place for a family holiday?

Much as though I would love to go back to Golden Sands unfortunately we have never organised a holiday there for a few years now. Only reason being the flights - they fly into Bourgas as opposed to Varna. We would have a longish coach transfer for several hours from Bourgas to Golden sands.

shannonshaq I really love the resort of GS and hope one day we will go back. We have fond memories of the place going back over 20 years. Although we have been to Sunny Beach a few times (and enjoyed it) I really much prefer GS.

Regards,

Mentioned in this post
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
Varna Province, Bulgaria
Varna
Varna
Varna Province, Bulgaria
Sunny Beach
Sunny Beach
Burgas Province, Bulgaria
17. Re: Best place for a family holiday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2017, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands