We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public access to Christina Lake with a dog

Vancouver
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Public access to Christina Lake with a dog

Hi All

We are coming to stay near Grand Forks for a week in June and wanted to visit Christina Lake with our lab dog. Provincial Parks and other organized beaches usually bar dogs from swimming and I noticed that both types of parks exist on the lake, but are there any beach accesses where we can get down with our pooch?

We live on the Sunshine Coast and are used to beach accesses at the end of side roads and hoped this was possible as we have had problems getting to the water when all the shore is privately owned except for formal parks.

Cheers for any advice on accessible locations.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Public access to Christina Lake with a dog

Maybe contact the Christina Lake Stewardship Society for info

http://www.lakesteward.ca/

Calgary
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public access to Christina Lake with a dog

I know this is late but, I don't believe there is dog access. We wanted to bring our dog and ended up having to go home because there were signs everywhere for no dogs. Since our first trip, I've never seen a dog there since.

Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public access to Christina Lake with a dog

I've been to Christina Lake a number of times with my small dog and I have yet to find a lake access where I can take her with me. Sad cause she really likes to walk along the water and being a responsible owner, I always pick up after her. BTW, if you travel with a dog, don't go to Nelson.

Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public access to Christina Lake with a dog

Oh, and come to think of it, there aren't a lot of public accesses to the lake either.

5. Re: Public access to Christina Lake with a dog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2011, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Grand Forks