We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's Happening On Canada Day?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
What's Happening On Canada Day?
Save

I know that there's festivities at the Mockbeggar Plantation, but is there anything else special going on in town, i.e. fireworks?

Newfoundland and...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
112 reviews
48 helpful votes
1. Re: What's Happening On Canada Day?
Save

Remember that Canada Day in Newfoundland is also a Memorial Day where we commemorate the lives lost at the battle of Beaumont Hamel in WWI. There is a ceremony, but there isn't much info about it around town. As far as I can determine, there is a motorcade beginning at Cape Bonavista and proceeding to the Ryan Premises where opening ceremonies will be held, with speeches,cutting the Canada Day cake etc.There are games and activities there as well as at Mockbeggar.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: What's Happening On Canada Day?
Save

Thanks for the info. This will be my first Canada Day outside of Ontario, and I can't think of a nicer place to celebrate than in Newfoundland and with its fantastic people!

Newfoundland and...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
112 reviews
48 helpful votes
3. Re: What's Happening On Canada Day?
Save

Here's the scoop on Canada Day in Bonavista.

http://www.townofbonavista.com/bonavista.php?id=235

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
4. Re: What's Happening On Canada Day?
Save

Thanks..that's certainly detailed! Now we can plan our day.

5. Re: What's Happening On Canada Day?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2018, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Bonavista
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.