We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaughan to Boston - quickest route?

3 posts
Vaughan to Boston - quickest route?

Hi there!

Could anyone suggest the quickest route to Boston from Vaughan? Parents are driving out Saturday morning at 5-6am. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

7 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,858 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Vaughan to Boston - quickest route?

What does google maps tell you is the quickest? That's usually the best place to check.

3 posts
2. Re: Vaughan to Boston - quickest route?

I came here to get an opinion from someone who actually did the drive. Did you do the drive?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,858 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Vaughan to Boston - quickest route?

Yes I have. And the fastest, most straightforward is I-90 ... just like google maps says. There are other more scenic routes, but given the time of the year and concerns about weather, I-90 is probably their best option.

3 posts
4. Re: Vaughan to Boston - quickest route?

Ok great, thanks for your opinion. Wondering for more

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,858 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Vaughan to Boston - quickest route?

You can always try the road trips forum. Try doing a search in that forum for Toronto to Boston route and see what comes up.

Which route do you think they should take?

Edited: 23 December 2017, 07:23
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,016 posts
141 reviews
6. Re: Vaughan to Boston - quickest route?

390 and 90 but it's a toll road and you will go through Toronto. Whereas 401`, 81 and 90 is a bit longer (50Klm) but toll will only start at Syracuse and you will not have to go through Toronto.

The issue to me is more the weather. I have driven both and I would follow Google, it's my opinion since that is what you came here for.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,858 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Vaughan to Boston - quickest route?

I'm 90 minutes east of the city - we are expecting freezing rain over night and into the morning ... would recommend staying away from 401 east to Kingston.

Reply to: Vaughan to Boston - quickest route?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vaughan