We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canada's Wonderland...time required

calgary
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Canada's Wonderland...time required

Firstly do you think a fastpass is required if going on a Friday in September? Secondly if spending 8 hours at the park (again Friday daytime) can we cover off most of what we would want to see and ride (my 14 year old son and I).

Thanks so much for any advice....much appreciated.

10 replies to this topic
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canada's Wonderland...time required

After Labour Day (Sept 7 this year), Canada's Wonderland is only open Saturdays and Sundays.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canada's Wonderland...time required

I think with the fast pass will be required if it's a really nice day, if it is crappy, you may be able to save some money...

Belo Horizonte...
Level Contributor
24 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canada's Wonderland...time required

What about a summer Monday (Aug 22nd)? Is it too crowded beacuse it is spring break or not so crowded because it is a Monday?

Appreciate any help!

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canada's Wonderland...time required

A non-holiday Monday will be fine.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,919 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canada's Wonderland...time required

August 22nd is not spring break in Canada, but it is summer vacation type. The park will be busy and is busy all summer long, unless there is very poor weather (rain etc) in the morning and afternoon.

2 family members used to work there, and yes, it is busy all summer.

Belo Horizonte...
Level Contributor
24 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canada's Wonderland...time required

Thanks for you help MapleG.

But what do you really mean by "busy"? Are there gonna be extremely long lines to the rides? The fact that it is Monday, don't you think the park will be a "little less busy" than for example on a summer weekend?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,919 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canada's Wonderland...time required

I gave you the best answer I could. Less busy, perhaps, but still very busy

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canada's Wonderland...time required

As noted above, it's busy all summer if the weather is good. But it's less busy on weekdays than on weekends and holidays. It's also generally less busy in the mornings and evenings than in the afternoons. The lines for popular rides are longer than for less popular rides. Most lines move reasonably quickly. I'm sure you will be fine.

Parlin, New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Canada's Wonderland...time required

Was there yesterday. The popular rides you may wait over 30 min. If you can afford fast pass you should get it.

Belo Horizonte...
Level Contributor
24 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canada's Wonderland...time required

Thank you.

As a matter of fact I got the Fast Pass... I'm going with my wife (who's pregnant) and our 2 year old boy, and they won't ride those popular rides, and I cannot let them waiting for me for 30min or 1hr ...

It's been 8 months planning the trip, now it's close, just 5 days... can hardly wait....

Reply to: Canada's Wonderland...time required
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vaughan