We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Iberostar Punta Mita Taxi Fare

2 posts
Save Topic
Airport to Iberostar Punta Mita Taxi Fare

Hello, the link for the cost of taxis in the "top questions" section is broken so I'm resorting to asking the question.

We have two groups of 11 and 3 arriving into PVR. I've read that at the airport there is standard fare to Iberostar Mita (zone 4). Friends who went as a group of 4 said it was $100 for the 4 of them each way. Poking the internet I read 1200 Pesos ($68) for van of up to 5. Can someone give me a definitive answer? I also read it is cheaper to return.

I've been able to reserve private transfer for the group of 11 for $156 each way. If we have to take 2 vans @ 4 PX ea @ 1200 pesos and 1 car @ 3 pxs @ 900 pesos from the airport that sounds like close to break even to me, but if the return trip is cheaper then it's not. Just trying to figure out the better deal so as not to spend what little spending money we have.

11 replies to this topic
Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Airport to Iberostar Punta Mita Taxi Fare

Guests arriving in Puerto Vallarta on a packaged vacation that includes ground transportation are met by a resort shuttle and return to the airport on a shuttle. Guests who arrive under their own steam must make their own way to the resort. This is not as difficult or as costly as some reviews have stated. On leaving the arrivals area at PVR, follow the signs for transport and taxis. Ignore the timeshare offers or you will regret it later. Outside the door look for people wearing a yellow vest; these are the approved airport taxi staff. Give the name of your destination ''Iberostar Playa Mita'' and ask them to confirm the fixed price. The taxi coordinator will have a plastic-laminated list of destinations and fixed costs, make sure you see it for yourself. On November 5th, 2017, the fixed price was 1300 pesos. A price in US dollars is also fixed but is more costly than paying with pesos. The fee is paid at the toll booth as the taxi leaves the airport. It takes about 40-60 minutes to reach Playa Mita.

Supposedly, it is possible to walk out of the airport area and find a less expensive local taxi. But, knowing exactly where to go in a strange airport is confusing and we did not try this option.

Returning to the airport is much easier and cheaper. The resort front dek or bell boys will call a taxi, again with a fixed price. On November 15th, the return trip was 750 pesos.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Reply to: Airport to Iberostar Punta Mita Taxi Fare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted