We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Tranquila - is it closed?

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
La Tranquila - is it closed?

their website is down, and no answer on phone - if anyone is in the area, can you please let me know if this resort is still open??

thank you!!

Punta Mita Expeditions
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Scuba & Snorkeling
Dressel Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Mita Aventuras
Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Spearmex
Fishing Charters & Tours
9 replies to this topic
Arizona
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Tranquila - is it closed?

finally got thru - resort is closed for next couple years.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
161 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Tranquila - is it closed?

Not surprising...reviews were a mess and they seemed to be struggling with completion of the property.

Thanks for the update!

Tacoma, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: La Tranquila - is it closed?

Too bad. It certainly had its problems, but also potential. Any indication as th whether someone bought it? Are they working on the unfinished wings of rooms?

houston
Level Contributor
54 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Tranquila - is it closed?

I am right here now at the Iberostar. Our taxi drove right passed this huge resort that looks eerily run-down. Vegetation was over taking the whole property. A quick Google map search showed this property has an amazing pool. Unfortunately, it's all gated up. Not sure what's going on, but would have nice to have a chance to experience the resort (well, at least the pool anyways).

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
337 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Tranquila - is it closed?

From the Iberostar Playa Mita FB page posted yesterday:

La Tranquilla hotel, the semi-finished resort next door has closed and been purchased by Hilton Resorts International. They will finish building out the property and it should be open in 16-18 months. Iberostar will build a Grand Resort to the south across the golf course. Opening is projected to be in 2020 or 2021.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Tranquila - is it closed?

Closed and dead.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Tranquila - is it closed?

It's so eery looking, every time I walk by to go to my room I have it in my view it reminds me of the show , Fear the Walking Dead, the resort they used, looking for Zombies now 😱😱

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: La Tranquila - is it closed?

We are next door at Iberostar Playa Mita and La Tranquila is definitely closed, the massive pools are all drained and the site is all fenced off. There is a security guard you can see walking around but it looks like it disassembled. To can seedaylight through the various floors and no guests that can be seen. At night there is some light in the center which looks like security only.

Colorado
Level Contributor
208 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Tranquila - is it closed?

2saltydawgs,

Are you an owner at La Transquila?

Reply to: La Tranquila - is it closed?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted