We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for opinions on St. Regis or Four Seasons with teen

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for opinions on St. Regis or Four Seasons with teen

I've read all of the comparisons on these 2 resorts but I'm terribly indecisive and hoping some input will help me choose. I'm headed on vacation with my 19 year old daughter before she heads off to college and the rates I am finding for these two resorts is nearly identical. (Four seasons is only slightly more because I will have to factor in airport transfers separately.) She's most interested in just relaxing around the resort pools and reading on the beach and would probably prefer not being around a ton of young kids. We will most likely dine off property in the evenings. So do I pick Four Seasons for their variety of pools or St. Regis because it may be a bit quieter? Thanks for your thoughts!

Punta Mita Expeditions
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Scuba & Snorkeling
Dressel Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Mita Aventuras
Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Spearmex
Fishing Charters & Tours
3 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for opinions on St. Regis or Four Seasons with teen

Hi there. I stayed at the Four Seasons a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I have visited the St. Regis to attend the champagne sabering (lovely) on Friday nights and then dined at Carolinas. I have walked around St. Regis grounds and explored their beach and pools. I will heading back in a couple weeks for the Sunset Sabering and we will dine at Mita Mary's on the Beach. Here are my thoughts....

Four Seasons:

-large property(you may need a golf cart to transport you around if your room is set far back) and beautiful grounds

-rooms are nice but could certainly use an update

-beautiful spa

-convenience to golf course ( if that is your thing)

-large and beautiful beaches

-amazing infinity pool

-adult pool does not have view of ocean (displaced in my opinion)

St. Regis:

-smaller more intimate resort

-beautiful rooms ( I have seen a couple but not stayed in one) that I believe come with a butler

-Mita Mary! fantastic fresh fish tacos

-beautiful pool area

-smaller and more rocky beach

IMHO, I do not think that you will go wrong with either resort. Be aware that the Four Seasons may cater to kids a bit more over school holidays as the lazy river is a draw for families. My recommendation (I have a 19 yr university daughter) would be the St. Regis. I like the idea of a smaller resort that I can run back to my room if I forgot something. I also like the idea of a butler bringing me my morning coffee! Wherever you decide, be sure to attend the Friday evening Champagne event at the St. Regis.

And just another thought....you mention dining off property in the evenings. While I think it is a good idea, just be aware that a taxi into Punta de Mita may be one fare leaving the resort, pickup fare always tends to overcharged!

Both resorts have some fab restaurants. Within the gates of PUNTA MITA, Sufi is very good. In the town of Punta DE Mita (outside of gates) please check out Tuna Blanca.

Happy and Safe Travels.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for opinions on St. Regis or Four Seasons with teen

Thanks so much! This was very helpful! I like smaller resorts so it sounds like we can’t go wrong with the St. Regis.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for opinions on St. Regis or Four Seasons with teen

Enjoy!

Reply to: Looking for opinions on St. Regis or Four Seasons with teen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted