We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where at Iberostar right now

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Where at Iberostar right now

Arrived on Tuesday with 2 other couples, had printed the online tourist cards ( thankfully as West Jet had none) so we're able to run quickly through customs and get our luggage. The timeshare tank was full but we ran right by them, do not make eye contact, taxi was 1000 pesos for 4 of us, the other couple had arrived a hour before us and were waiting at the resort.

Scored top floor right above the kids club which is our preferred location in building 2, our friends had been put in building 1 and asked to be transferred as building 1 was completely in the shade with almost no view we all paid for ocean view.

AC works very well, room lovely. Housekeeping is amazing and love the towel art. Turn down is so lack lustre at best we wondered what we were tipping her for (We always tip well ).

We found out we couldn't book all the reservations for the entire stay just 2 nights at a time which seemed odd until we found out about the 'perks' of Iberostar Vacation Club and Star Prestige

Yes that's right TS and up charging going strong here thus trip. ......... But other than that we love it here

More next post

Edited: 17 November 2017, 23:09
Surf Lessons in Punta de Mita
54 Reviews
from US$75.00*
Free Cancellation
Inshore Fishing Private Tour from...
3 Reviews
from US$1,090.00*
Free Cancellation
Discover Freediving Program in Punta...
from US$255.00*
Free Cancellation
6 replies to this topic
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,743 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where at Iberostar right now

Woohoo..have a great trip..

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where at Iberostar right now

We were there last week. Had a great time. But yah they gave a room that was complete opposite of what unasked for. Really all inasked was a room on 2nd floor or higher as the wife hates bottom. They emailed back saying no problem and a king bed and shower. We arrived and they said bottom floor and double beds. Then broke into ocean front upgrade on sale. Said no and demanded a higher floor and got It!

Couple things to mention. The beach message to the left when u get to beach is like 50$ us for 2 ppl and is awesome. And I highly recommend going to the litibu grill for diner one night. The food and vibe are awesome. You can see it to the right way up the beach. The little palapa. U need to make reservations online 24hrs in advance. A taxi is 200 pesos!

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where at Iberostar right now

The more I read the more excited I get! Glad it’s good and thanks for the hint where they “offer” the upgrade. I’m stubborn so I’ll stand there all night until I get my way haha. One question I must ask tho, I’ve looked and looked but never got an answer.... do they offer a shuttle to puerto Vallarta? We’ve only been to Nayarit the last time we came through and would love to see the actual town, shops and melicon etc. If they do offer one could you tell me the schedule and price please?

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,125 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where at Iberostar right now

From the Files section on the Facebook page “Iberostar Playa Mita Visitors” there is a shuttle to Puerto Vallarta for 270 pesos per person. 6 days per week. 3 days per week it leaves Iberostar at 1pm and 3 days at 5 pm. First returns at 6pm and second at 11pm. Reservations and more details from an Iberostar concierge.

Edited: 18 November 2017, 06:18
Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
3,499 Reviews
Punta de Mita, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where at Iberostar right now

Carey is right they do offer shuttles into PV.

Thinking of taxing into Punta Minta 120 pesos or Sayluita 400 pesos today .

Resort has been fantastic so far.

Went swimming in ocean yesterday, water is amazingly clear, no rocks and almost no swells.

So far have eaten at Mexican ( good), Japanese great table service show by chef food was ok, buffet twice which were actually really good, last night was Tex-Mex, watch out for the pineapple salsa it starts out sweet then belts out very spicy yum but ouch.

Only buffets are open for breakfast and lunch, the main one at lobby plus smaller one at pool. Yesterday was seafood for lunch and was great lots of you peel crab, prawns and mussels. Mahii Mahi was good too.

Saw the show last night it was called intimate couples and was audience participation, really good.

Came back to no turn down at all so 50 pesos saved lol

At pool right now waiting for Mr.QT to get all pretty upped and join me for breakfast.

Beautiful morning ❤️❤️❤️

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
544 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where at Iberostar right now

We arrive in less than a month so excited to read tips and what's good and what's not ...and the taxi cost. We will need one for the ride back to the airport. Thanks!

Might have to pack our snorkels just in case it's also calm and clear when we are there.

Reply to: Where at Iberostar right now
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted