We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Buffet

Port Alberni B.C
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Buffet

We will be staying at the Iberostar, the beginning of April. Wondering if there are specialty nights at the buffet. Seafood night or a bbq etc?

15 replies to this topic
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Buffet

There are different theme nights every night at the buffet like International, Mexican, Italian,Spanish, Tex-Mex, Asian. I sampled a Seafood theme once.

Except maybe on arrival, or a late night snack, I eat at the specialty/a la carte restaurants so can't comment much on the evening buffet.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Buffet

The buffet has theme nights but it really does not change the overall offerings a great deal. The buffet has a very large selection at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The main buffet restaurant is very fancy with tablecloths and linen napkins wine service etc. There is plenty of service even though it is buffet style.

Doing the buffet avoids having to plan your evening around the time of your reservation at the ala carte.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Buffet

The buffet was an enigma for us. Some aspects of it were great, some surprisingly lacking. The cheese station, fruit station, and desserts were all very good. Main course choices were good some days and poor other days. The lacking feature was the carving stations, if and when they even had one. Not top of the line choices - mostly turkey, tough roast beef, rabbit, etc.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Buffet

Oddly enough it is the desserts that all three of our group are finding to be lacking. However we did enjoy our dessert at the steakhouse. The coffee shop with their desserts also lacks flavour despite looking good.

I would agree that the cheese selection is the best we have had at an all inclusive and the breads are also good.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Buffet

Terry E-

Now that I think about it, you are probably right about the desserts. We find the Mexican desserts to be lacking in sweetness for our tastes. As I recall they had an excellent ice cream area, and I think we enhanced the desserts with a couple of scoops of ice cream - makes a big difference! In the great coffee shop we tried several offerings before finding a couple that were pretty good. The iced mocha made up for any deficiencies in the pastries.

Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
857 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Buffet

solar1224, aren't the a la cartes limited to a few a week (3 I think)? Or have they changed it so they are unlimited? We are going in November.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Buffet

You can make reservations for ala carte every night if you choose.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Buffet

Dugfir

We have found things that work for the sweets department, frappes at the coffee shop, churros at breakfast.

All inclusive resorts are not places to get dessert with flavour just things that look pretty.

denver, colorado
Level Contributor
397 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Buffet

I am pretty sure that Seafood night is called International Night. Ask this question to the manager of the buffet restaurant to confirm this is correct and which night they have it.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,578 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Buffet

realmexico I think you are right about the seafood buffet being called the International buffet, If it is not it should be because that was the night the buffet was loaded with seafood.

This last visit we actually preferred the buffet over the ala cartes,

Have to agree about the desserts, that said, the churros, flan, fresh fruit and ice creams are pretty amazing YUM

Edited: 17 February 2018, 23:58
Reply to: Iberostar Buffet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted