We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
41 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?

We were hoping to take a daytrip from our hotel in Puerto Vallarta and have lunch at a resort behind the gates in Punta de Mita.

I now read where the Four Seasons and others no longer permit reservations at their restaurants for anyone not staying within Punta de Mita's gates.

Does anyone know if it is possible to secure a reservation anywhere overlooking one of Punta de Mita's beaches?

8 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?

There are plenty of restaurants along the beach in Punta de Mita at the bottom of the hill, they will set you up a table and umbrella and you can order drinks and lunch from the menu. We stopped at El Enclote, spent the afternoon there and had a great lunch there but there are many others to choose from along that stretch of the beach.

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
41 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?

Thank you very much for taking your time to provide this information.

I have read that a confirmed reservation is required to gain entry at the gate.

If true, iwhere might I find contact info on any beach restaurant?

Many thanks.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?

At the top of this page you can click on the Restaurants, I don't don't how up to date this is.

We did a day trip one afternoon from Puerto Vallarta and just walked down to the beach, most restaurants will have their menu on display, if not just ask to see one,

Edited: 17 February 2018, 05:21
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?

In the town of Punta de Mita it has nothing to do with the resorts, anyone can go there. There are resorts in the area but a few kilometres away.

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
41 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?

I would prefer to eat at one of the resorts inside the gated area. If we cannot, then I’d prefer a beach restaurant inside the gated area...is either (or both) possuble?

Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
8 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?

I have a dinner reservation at Bahia, four seasons, next week. I’m not staying there. They put your name on the list at their gate to let you in. Just call the restaurant you want to go to.

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
41 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?

Thanks for the info👍.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,244 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?

If you´re stuck, Sufi is a very nice restaurant within the gates open from noon until 11:30. Sorry I couldn´t manage to post the phone number but it is easily found if you search Sufi Mita. Am not familiar with other restaurants.

Reply to: Is a lunch reservation possible at any resort ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta de Mita