We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late August/early September

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late August/early September

What can I expect? I've heard that around this time (early fall, late summer), it can still be rainy. Let me know if you think this is a good time to go to the area. I don't mind if it rains for short periods and then clears up.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,098 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late August/early September

That is most likely what it would be like....overnight or late afternoon-evening rains, but not necessarily every day. We were there ten days in early August once and it actually only rained about 4 out of the 10 days!

According to this site, July and then August are the rainiest months....you should be fine in early September.

www.puertovallartatours.net/weather.htm

it will be very hot and humid though....get a place with A/C or you may have uncomfortable sleep.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late August/early September

Make sure you drink plenty of water when you are out and about. I personally find September to be one of the hottest and most humid months here. Usually it will only rain in the late afternoon or evenings. On the plus side, there aren't that many tourists around then so you will have more room on the beaches or in the pools.

Have a great trip!

Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late August/early September

Not heat but hihgh humidity levels is what you are going to experience, despite is rain season you'll find out most of the days really sunny, and most of the nights pretty wet.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late August/early September

I am going to Punta Mita August 29-September 6. Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of rain and weather? also, are there bugs? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Punta de Mita
Punta de Mita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
5. Re: Weather in late August/early September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 05:15
;