We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boingo?

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boingo?

I recently found out about a service called "Boingo" for WiFi access. Has anyone used it while staying at the Coba? How was the service connection? Seems like a great deal at $4.95 USD per month! Compared to the high prices that the resort charges.

54 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,711 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boingo?

A few threads on this subject but YES

Heard good things about it and they say coverage is excellent at Bahia

See this thread

https:/…70508033

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boingo?

Thank you!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boingo?

I used Boingo at GBP Coba over Christmas and New Year. Other than two days of not being able to get on very much (think there must've been a problem), we used Boingo all day, all over the resort.

We also managed to use it at Playa del Carmen, so it more than paid for itself. I signed up to Boingo Mobile, which meant I could use it in the UK before I left too (mainly at the airport and hotel before the flight).

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boingo?

Used it with great results last week...will cancel today so as not to incurr next months fee

Lille, France
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boingo?

hi,

Never use boingo it's totally scam unprofessionnal, get a monthly plan in thailand and malaysia,never work customer service 0,no answer and when asked 4 money back sent me 2 apple customer??

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boingo?

Plenty of happy customers who use it in the GBP complex.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boingo?

I used Boingo while at GBP we stayed at Tulum April 13-20, but also visited Coba. We had a bit of trouble connecting, but we did finally get one device to connect.(go to settings in your phone and turn wifi on, wait until the hotel's wifi payment options come up and scroll to the bottom, there are a few tabs that include Boingo, click on it, it will ask for your username and password for Boingo, it should connect now) it worked everywhere at the resort including the beach, as well as Coba. The subscription cost was $12.95, and to get the service it was an additional $4.98 plus taxes (Canada), we had no problems cancelling when we got home. It was a good option considering how much the hotel charges for wifi.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boingo?

I don't see any plan for 12.95 or an additional 4.95 for canada? Which plan did you get? Mobile or unlimited?

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boingo?

When i signed up in June (cancelled upon my return) i had the Boingo Unlimited which was 1/2 price at the time for just under $5. That's all i paid. No fees, etc.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Boingo?

Jame,s thanks. This is what I thought. Worked well for you? I have tablet ,Iphone , and laptop. I'm assuming the unlimited is the way to go.

Reply to: Boingo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted