We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,411 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

In the past, I had heard good things about Mexigo Tours but according to recent news articles, many are having problems. According to this article from the Respuesta newspaper , American tourists are reporting they paid for a tour and the company never provided the service. The article states more than a dozen complaints have been received about this company. Also , they report the company had no insurance and used tour guides and vehicles without licenses.

Just a heads up , to use caution.

Here is the Respuesta article in Spanish:

diariorespuesta.com.mx/01012013/index.php…

Mentioned in this post
MexiGo Tours
MexiGo Tours
326 Reviews
Valladolid, Mexico
BC
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

That is too bad, as their tours sound really fantastic.

I am in Valladolid right now--lovely city!

We stopped at Mexigo last night, to see what tour was going today, as my son thought he might do one with them. But it was just a bike tour today.

We've just come back from Cenote X'keken. I can only say WOW!

Mentioned in this post
Valladolid
Valladolid
Yucatan, Mexico
MexiGo Tours
MexiGo Tours
326 Reviews
Valladolid, Mexico
Limbo
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

That is to bad if it's true. If that's the case, hope they get it together! My alternate theory would be that there's always the possibility that they ticked someone off and are now being targeted! :)

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,411 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

I was just about to say that, gb. Maybe someone at Respuesta had it in for them.

Really, I had only heard good things about them before this.

Pumper, I lived in Valladolid for about a year and it is nice. But after a year, I was bored, ha ha. If you havent tried it one of my favorite little restaurants was Squimoz, next to ADO. I ate breakfast there almost everyday and really nice local owners and staff.

Mentioned in this post
Valladolid
Valladolid
Yucatan, Mexico
BC
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

Yes, we had Flan and drinks there in the afternoon soon after arriving. My cappuchino was fantastic, I was really in need of a coffee. We will have breakfast there tomorrow.

As we were walking around I saw a beautiful place and suddenly I remembered that I had seen a House Hunters International filmed in Valladolid, the house might have been the one in the show, or just was similar. The beauty inside isn't obvious from the street.

We were walking to the number 1 rated restaurant, but alas, it was closed. I think I could live about two months a year here. The weather now is perfect.

Mentioned in this post
Valladolid
Valladolid
Yucatan, Mexico
5. Re: Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 05:50
Edited: 31 January 2013, 05:50
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,411 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

Thanks for posting , Toon. Great to see the information from you. As I said, until this article, I had seen only good things about your company. But after that newspaper article, its good to get your side of the story out!

Pumpermum, if you were walking to the Conata restaurant, I have yet to try it but hope to do so soon.

Edited: 30 January 2013, 23:58
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,411 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

Just to correct my spelling, make that Conato. I know about the restaurant , only I can´t spell!

BC
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

Toon, thanks for posting and good luck to you.

It is true, if people had bad experiences with your company, they would post about them. It is pretty easy to spot any fake posts--for example a person has only submitted one review; but hope they don't try that tactic.

There are little papers on Portal Maya in many places around the city, so they are trying hard to get business.

Robert yes, I meant Conato, I just didn't have the name in front of me when I last wrote.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

Good luck, Toon. I had the sense that there was more to the story just based on the way it was written. Unfortunately I am not surprised.

As Robert mentioned, I too have only heard good things about your company. It sounds like you are filling a market with a lot of interest! I personally am not in need of tours when I visit Valladlod and surroundings, but I have actually pointed some folks in your direction!

Again, good luck!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,411 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Problems with Valladolid Tour Operator

I also was not aware of the tour company Portal Maya. I will keep this in mind for future use or recommendations for Valladolid area tours and , of course, MexiGo Tours will be the one I recommend. I am really not fond of those who can´t play fair.

Mentioned in this post
Valladolid
Valladolid
Yucatan, Mexico
MexiGo Tours
MexiGo Tours
326 Reviews
Valladolid, Mexico