We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking from bus station to center of Merida

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
27 posts
36 reviews
walking from bus station to center of Merida

we're coming from cancun to merida by bus and staying at la mision de fray dieago. Is it within walking distance of the bus station?

Kells, Ireland
Level Contributor
105 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: walking from bus station to center of Merida

dont sure where la mision de fray dieago is..... but it no more than a 15/20 minute walk from the main bus station into the main plaza in centre of Merida

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,283 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: walking from bus station to center of Merida

I'd consider it walking distance. http://goo.gl/maps/mwOzO Make sure you specify the Merida CAME ("KAH-may") station; there are several but CAME is the main one.)

Merida has its own forum too.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,629 posts
159 reviews
3. Re: walking from bus station to center of Merida

The hotel is at 61 and 66 in the center. It is walkable if you don´t have much luggage but I would not want to do it in the Merida heat. If you flag down a metered taxi in front of the terminal, the fare will only be about 25 pesos. (the non metered taxis have a site inside the terminal but this is more costly).

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
141 reviews
4. Re: walking from bus station to center of Merida

I wouldn't walk it between 10 am and 5 pm. Outside those hours, I'd probably give it a go.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
157 reviews
5. Re: walking from bus station to center of Merida

As long as the Fray Diego has a pool, then do a little walking in the heat - you can jump in the pool and it will be a refreshing relief.

6. Re: walking from bus station to center of Merida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Valladolid
Recent Conversations