We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nationwide Children's Hospital

Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Nationwide Children's Hospital

We are due to come to Columbus for a procedure my son is having. The address is 700 Children's Drive. Can anyone tell me what 'part' of Columbus this is? I am looking at Airbnb to find a place bc we are staying for several weeks, but I cannot tell if this hospital is close to 'downtown', 'south side' or what?

4 replies to this topic
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,738 posts
110 reviews
1. Re: Nationwide Children's Hospital

The main campus at that address is very close to downtown. Just do a search in mapquest or google maps and it will pop up.

Also, if you can't find an Air BnB to work in your budget, talk to the hospital about their very nice Ronald McDonald house.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
828 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: Nationwide Children's Hospital

Children’s is just southeast of downtown, around Parsons and I-70. The neighborhoods south and east of the hospital are gentrifying to a degree, but can be rough. I’d be a little wary of booking an AirBnB on the south side if I wasn’t familiar with Columbus, to be honest. German Village/Schumacher Place/Merion Village/Brewery District are the nicer areas, so I’d look at those first. Or, as the previous poster suggested, talk to the hospital about the RMH.

United States
Level Contributor
364 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Nationwide Children's Hospital

rmhc-centralohio.org/

Here is the website for Ronald McDonald House. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your son.

Ashville
Level Contributor
12 posts
166 reviews
4. Re: Nationwide Children's Hospital

It is on the South edge of downtown, the area has seen a major change in the recent years thanks to Nationwide Children's Hospital. I would think that you should be able to find a nice AirBnB or VRBO place here as some of the residences have been rehabbed and are very nice. The Ronald McDonald House is directly across the street from the facility. The area can still a bit sketchy at night. Best of Luck and a speedy recovery for the little one!!!

Reply to: Nationwide Children's Hospital
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Columbus