We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OSU Football Game Hotel advice

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30,540 posts
OSU Football Game Hotel advice

Planning on going to the OSU vs Michigan game Thanksgiving weekend. Would like to be in an area of nightlife, bars restaurants etc but also hoping for college atmosphere I just booked a room at the Renaissance (also looks like a Westin and Sheraton right there that I could book) but can change it. Id like to be at a Marriott property and prefer a full service hotel to a Courtyard, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites type am I better off at the Columbus Marriott?

With all ofthat said, I could stay at a non-Marriott property if there is a better choice.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

16 replies to this topic
Silicon Valley, Ca
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
58 reviews
11. Re: OSU Football Game Hotel advice

The Marriott / Starwood systems are merged after August 19. The systems are down for upgrades periodically until then.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,379 posts
3,388 reviews
12. Re: OSU Football Game Hotel advice

chriskuo,

Thanks ... Hoping for Good Travels

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30,540 posts
13. Re: OSU Football Game Hotel advice

Yes, SPG will be fully integrated into Marriott after the 18th (supposedly), for now they are separate so Im waiting to book Le Meridein until then although I could do it now I can wait a couple of days. Im Platinum with Marriott which means Im aslp SPG Platinum so like to earn the nights and points to keep my status each year 58 so far this year need 75 to keep status although it looks like moving forward there will be a couple of levels of Platinum.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,379 posts
3,388 reviews
14. Re: OSU Football Game Hotel advice

GoodBeer,

We lodge in Marriott 75-90 nights per year, and have been Lifetime Platinum for several years.

We totally understand your achievable objective.

Our preference: Full service Marriott, and we are looking forward to numerous adventures as a result of the Merger.

Enjoy you Columbus visit.

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
15. Re: OSU Football Game Hotel advice

Any idea where the visiting team stays while in Columbus?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
838 posts
47 reviews
16. Re: OSU Football Game Hotel advice

Best to start a new thread rather than adding to the end of an unrelated one, so more people will see it.

I did a quick google search and couldn’t find anything. I was randomly at a work meeting at the Crowne Plaza off 161 over a decade ago, and the University of Akron team was staying there for their game against Ohio State. But that was a long time ago.

I’m guessing Michigan (assuming that’s the team you’re interested in) keeps that information close to the vest to avoid Ohio State fans trying to go to the hotel and cause disruption the night before the game.

Reply to: OSU Football Game Hotel advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Columbus