We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

2 posts
Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

Me and my wife completed this trip on 23.10.2017. Our day wise Itinerary is describe here.

Day 1: Guwhati Airport - Kamakhya Temple - Shillong

From Guwahati Airport, we reached Kamakhya Temple by a Small car owned. The fare was Rs.300. We go from Kamakhya Temple to Guwahati platon bazar town by a small car owned. The fare was 200.

After completing our lunch we book a shared honda city car form poltan bazar taxi sand to reach shillong. the fare was 600 for two person.

Day 2: Shillong - Mawlynnong - Dawki -Shillong

As we were only two persons, we need not a big car for sight seeing. I found a genuine gentleman namely Sri Uttam Choudhury +91 8575416668/9862392013 who drives a new Maruti k10, a black-yellow taxi. we started for Mawlynnong village. The bridge on the river Dawki is a must to visit. The beauty of the river can not be expressed in words.

From Tamabil we started for Shillong and reached Policebazar in the evening. The journey was too much enjoyable and Uttam guided us as a tour operator.

Day 3: Shillong - Cherrapunjee

Sri Uttam Choudhury came to pick up us at hotel (The Habitat Shillong) for Local sight seeing, such as visiting Umiam Lake, Shillong peak, Elephant falls, Museum, Hyderi Park, Church etc. we paid him Rs. 1200. Leave for Cherrapunjee.

Day 4: Double Decker Living Root Bridge

After completed our breakfast at the hotel (Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort) we are going for treak. The driver and local guide arranged by the hotel staff. There are no words to describe to amazing beauty of this place.It is the gem of cherrapunjee and meghalaya.the entire trek from the parking lot to the double decker root bridge is so amazingly beautiful that you have to be here to feel it.

Day 5: Cherrapunjee - Shillong

The very friendly driver Sri Uttam Choudhury came from Shillong to pick up us at hotel and local sight seeing at Cherrapunjee (Ramkrishna Mission, Seven Sisters falls, Mawasmai cave, Dainthlen falls etc.) and leave us at The Majestic Hotel. Enroute Uttam stopped at various waterfalls and bridges and helped us to enjoy the journey.

Day 6: Shillong - Guwhati Airport

After completed heavy breakfast at the hotel (The Majestic Hotel), we go to ploice bazar and booked a shared Honda city car to reach guwhati (Khanapara bus stop) the fare was 900 because we book three back sit. from there we book uber to reach guwhati airport.

14 replies to this topic
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Bhutan, Darjeeling, Sikkim, Lava, Loleygaon, Rishop
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
172 reviews
1. Re: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

Thanks for sharing :)

Nice and Crisp!!

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
508 reviews
2. Re: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

Fare details are very helpful

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
3. Re: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

My programme

26/10/18 Kolkata-gauhati by airwii reach to hotel lilawati grandstand 12 noon.visit to kamakhya temple by 5 p.m and halt to hotel.

27/10/18 to Shillong after visiting of mawlynnong village and Dawki

riverhalt to Shillong.

28/10/18 visit to lake, elephant falls,museum,hyderi park,church halt to cherapunji.

29/10/18visit to double deekerroot bridge and halt to cherapunji holiday resort.

30/10/18 visit to 7sister falls,mawasmai cave and back to Gauhati leelabati grand.

Pl.confirm and give better advice and guidance

Samir Kumar Basu

Email-basusamirkumar@yahoo.com

Mob 9836884584

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
508 reviews
4. Re: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

Do Shillong sightseeing on 27 Oct. Most places are closed on Sunday, 28 Oct

You should not mention your contact details, you will receive plenty spam mails.

10 posts
5. Re: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

U guys are seen laitlum????

10 posts
6. Re: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

U guys are seen laitlum????

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
508 reviews
7. Re: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

Laitlum is 2 hrs from Shillong, you can trek down the canyons to Rasong village.

Edited: 30 April 2018, 13:24
Rourkela, India
1 post
8. Re: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

hi sir, looking forward your views on my plan

On 18th June, 08:00am , I will reach Guwahati airport.

I am planning to book a zoom car. Will go to kamakhya temple. After brunch

around 12, I will straight way head to shilling. I have booked Pumpkin hotel at

rynjah. I will take rest for the day

On 19th June, I am planning to have local

sightseeing at shilling.

On 20th after breakfast, I am planning to go to

cherrapunji and return to dawki in the evening. I am looking for a home stay

there.

On 21st, I will visit dawki lake and live tree

root bridge, etc.

On 22nd , after breakfast, I will straight away

get back to Guwahati, where I have flight at 04:00pm

Please suggest, if the above itinerary is good or needs some revision. Is the

location of hotel at shilling good or should I look for any hotel in police

bazaar area.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
32 posts
9. Re: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

Sir where did you kept your luggage when you travelled from Guwahati Airport to Kamakhya Temple? Is there a cloak room in the temple where we can keep suitcases/bags? we will have most probably 2 luggage.

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
508 reviews
10. Re: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee

Yes, there is a cloak room at Kamakhya temple.

Bags not allowed inside temple premises

Reply to: Our Trip with Kamakhya Temple - Shillong - Cherrapunjee
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shillong