We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Mildenhall in December!

Gloucester, NC
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Mildenhall in December!

Hi all! I am planning a visit to see my airman in December. We are able to get lodging on the base, however since we plan on staying over two weeks, I believe we will be more comfortable in a vacation home. We like to cook and will definitely need a washer and dryer. We already have transportation figured out, but where to stay and being close to base is getting difficult to find! Our son has only been over there for 7 months, so he is still learning the area. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

The Walnuts Country House
The Walnuts Country House
#1 of 1 B&Bs / Inns in West Row
Riverside House Hotel
Riverside House Hotel
#1 of 5 hotels in Mildenhall
The Bull Inn
The Bull Inn
#1 of 2 hotels in Barton Mills
2 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
30,717 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Mildenhall in December!

You might just have to "google' "self catering Mildenhall/Suffolk" and see what comes up.

You might have to contact each property direct, by e-mail or 'phone to see if they can accommodate you.

IF your 2 wks includes Christmas, you might find it quite difficult as many places book up a year or 2 ahead!

IF your time is 'just a bit of December' then MAYbe a host will accommodate you, even if their property would normally be 'shut up' at that time of year.

Good Luck....

Mentioned in this post
Suffolk
Suffolk
East Anglia, UK
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,622 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Mildenhall in December!

Can you tell us more about your plans while visiting? Does your son have time off, or will you be doing traveling without him?

December has some short daylight hours. Also, when exactly in December?

Reply to: Visiting Mildenhall in December!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mildenhall