We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latitude festival info

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Latitude festival info

My reply to a PM is as below, hope it's helpful to others

We have a campervan which means we are not under canvas and have our own loo and shower. If you don't have one, consider hiring one, lots of people do, unless of course you are tent people.

Or you could book a pre-erected teepee tent in "pink moon". There were also some little wooden hut type accommodation which looked really tiny and too low to stand up in, I wouldn't fancy those.

We did the full 4 nights both times. If you go just for the day it's a long walk from the car park and I think you'd miss out on the relaxed atmosphere by trying to cram too much in to your one day.

Comfy shoes are a must as there is a lot of walking. From the campervan camp site it's 10 minutes to the "village" and then another 5 to the main arena and stages.

There are "festival taxis" which you can use if mobility is an issue, or to carry your camping gear to your campsite on arrival, I don't know how much they cost. But once in festival mode, you soon realise that there is no need to rush anywhere!

If you get to a perfomance tent and find it's full, just look at your programme and find something else to see instead. It's a very relaxing experience.

Seating is not provided apart from some at the very back of the Obelisk arena. I can't sit for very long on the ground, so we take little tripod style seats which are small enough to fit in a rucksack. Or you can get festival seats which support your back, we tried one but found it bulky to carry around.

Oh - and it is worth it to pay an extra £35 to use "Seat of luxury" which in effect are posh loos with hairdryers, hair products etc. and are spotless!

Go for it!

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
629 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latitude festival info

Some great info there PLJCK. Sounds like fun, especially when the weather behaves as well as it did this year.

2. Re: Latitude festival info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2017, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Southwold