We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on where to stay on Phillip Island

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on where to stay on Phillip Island

Me and my boyfriend are planning to go to Phillip Island at the start of march as part of 3 months travelling.

I just want to know where the best place to stay is, places to eat traveling to the island itself any advice on the trip really. Is it recommended to book in to see the penguins in advance? It's looking like we'll be there on a Friday.

We we're planning on just spending the one night there after some time in Melbourne.

We're really keen to see the penguins in a more natural environment than a zoo.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on where to stay on Phillip Island

Have a look at booking.com to find something that suits your budget & other parameters.

I've stayed at Silverwater at San Remo & thought that was quite good. It's a resort & you can't walk up the street to a variety of restaurants, so something in Cowes or Rhyl might suit you better

www.booking.com

Edited: 15 November 2015, 05:06
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on where to stay on Phillip Island

Most tourists stay in Cowes, tha main hub .It has lots of restaurants, shops and entertainment etc.You can even see main beach and pier from here. Phillip Island is a very pretty island and we visit almost every year. I recommend The Waves Apartments (on the esplanade/beachfront) which is a two minute walk to the Main Street and restaurants but not sure of your budget. March is off peak so I think you should get a great deal on booking.com, my favourite accommodation booking site because it often offers free cancellation . Wot if.com us another good accommodation website site.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on where to stay on Phillip Island

The Phiilip Island tourist site has some great info and a great map - http://www.visitphillipisland.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on where to stay on Phillip Island

there is a caravan park there which is pretty good and good accommodation. to see the pinguins is expensive and there will be hundreds there. best to go St Kilda pier and see them for free :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
709 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on where to stay on Phillip Island

Just be aware also you need your own transport to get around the island and see the sights. If you aren't driving take a tour, don't attempt public transport.

6. Re: Advice on where to stay on Phillip Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2016, 13:17