We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Point - 4th of July

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cedar Point - 4th of July

A coworker went to Cedar Point in 2015 and 2016 over July 4th and reports very light crowds. Can anyone local verify? This will be an expensive trip for our family of 6 boys. We would love to hear that it's true.

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
8,301 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Point - 4th of July

I wouldn't count on that being the norm...all schools are out and with July 4th falling on a Tuesday this year a lot of people will be taking long weekends. If the weather is good, I would expect a big crowd.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Point - 4th of July

I think 2009 was my last trip to The Point on Independence Day and it had a lesser crowd that day. I remember thinking most Saturdays are twice as crowded.

A friend from work went last year on Independence Day (2016) and he said most coasters were walk-ons.

Mentioned in this post
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
523 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Point - 4th of July

We went last year and stayed at the campground even though we only live a few miles away. We just love the campground. I was very surprised that it was not very crowed over July 4th. And the weather was nice. It sounds like you will be going for a couple of days. Also, we have lots of other things to do in our area that are so much fun. So if it looks crowded when you get here have plan B and enjoy the many things we have to offer in our area. You can get a discount card at shoresandislands.com

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cedar Point - 4th of July

Cedar Point is not very crowded on July 4th. In the past, the rides have been nearly walk-on. I think this is because a lot of people spend the holiday on Put-In-Bay, Kelley's Island, and with family (barbecues and such). Locals advise that CP is one of the best days to go to CP during the summer.

Also, I just went on a Friday night and the park was eerily quiet. When I asked the ride attendant why the park felt so empty, she said that, on hot days, the visitors are cooling off in the new water park.

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
8,301 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
523 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cedar Point - 4th of July

mbseuf, good comments. I also think that this past weekend was calling for rain. It really didn't rain much at all. A little bit on Sunday. I thinks this defers people from coming. Don't believe the weatherman. :)

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
752 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cedar Point - 4th of July

Don't think so but have not been on that date for a few years now.

7. Re: Cedar Point - 4th of July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2018, 12:16