We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Point

1 post
Save Topic
Cedar Point

I am dropping my older kids (19-21) off at Cedar Point but I do not want to go. Are there parks or beaches nearby? I really do not want to pay nearly $70 to go in and not ride. I have been there many times. Thank you for any input!

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
8,153 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
3 replies to this topic
Ohio
Level Contributor
103 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Point

You could drive about a half hour, and go to Marblehead Light House and East Harbor State Park. That could be a lovely way to spend the day. And they're both no cost! Well, if you want to climb to the top of the light house it is $3.00.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
2,636 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Point

www.shoresandislands.com/ agreed. The entire region has tons to do from island hopping to beaches. If you head a short drive east even waterfalls www.gowaterfalling.com so not to worry about trying to find something other than coasters.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,699 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Point

Cedar Point beach, or the revamped Cedar Point Shores waterpark (formerly soak city).

Also Nickelplate Beach in Huron, the Huron pier, Old Woman's Creek, Magee Marsh, Marblehead and Catawba Island. Downtown Sandusky as well. Waterfront dining, the Maritime Museum, the Merry-Go-Round museum, little shops and eateries.

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
8,153 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Merry-Go-Round Museum
Merry-Go-Round Museum
213 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Reply to: Cedar Point
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted