We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24-hour taxi services / Amtrak

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
24-hour taxi services / Amtrak

I have an interesting question - is there any 24 hour taxi services in Sandusky? I'm headed to Sandusky on Sunday to do Kalahari for a few days, and then, on Wednesday I plan to head home via Amtrak.

However, I need to know if there's any 24-hour taxi/cab companies in the city to take me to the Amtrak station / stop at around 3:30-4am. I'm a little paranoid I'm going to end up being left in the dark, or told that there isn't any. I have checked some of the taxi companies websites, and their hours for a few say they close at midnight (which I assume is, no, not 24 hours, but I could be wrong)?

So, help me out TripAdvisor peeps. Basically, I need a cab from Kalahari to Sandusky Amtrak early on a Wednesday morning. Are there any 24-hour taxis / cabs? Thanks, y'all~! =)

2 replies to this topic
Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
285 reviews
1. Re: 24-hour taxi services / Amtrak

You may want to give Kalahari a call and ask their advice.

FWIW, my wife's grandma had her car broken into at the Sandusky train station several years ago. I do not know if it is more secure now.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
528 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: 24-hour taxi services / Amtrak

We now have uber. So I would down load that App. Call this company. AM/PM 24-7 taxi 419-202-1367 werallaround @ gmail.com accepts credit cards. We have several taxi's in our area now. You should be fine. And as far as safety goes, just be careful where the train stops in Sandusky.

Reply to: 24-hour taxi services / Amtrak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted