We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakers vs breakers express

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Breakers vs breakers express

Hi all,

Doing Cedar Point 14th to 18th May this year.

Can get breakers express with 3 day ride and refresh plus FLP and all day dining for $870.

Or breakers 3 day ride and refresh with dining but no FLP included for same price.

Im torn between both. Any idea how much FLP will be at the gate if i go the breakers without FLP option?

Thanks,

Tim

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
772 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
24 replies to this topic
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
508 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakers vs breakers express

The fast lane pass will be more expensive once you get there. I think this depends on how many people will be there. May is a slower month.

United States
Level Contributor
343 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakers vs breakers express

I personally would choose the breakers option but I would prefer sitting at the beautiful breakers hotel versus riding 100 rides. If your focus is getting on as many rides as you can without waiting in line then take the breakers express, but if you aren’t a big rider and want to enjoy the ambiance of the hotel,take the breakers. If it is too crowded you can always add an extra flp, but I wouldn’t think the crowds would be too bad when you are going.

US
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakers vs breakers express

I’d skip the fast lane. If you’re strategic, you’ll never wait in crazy lines. Use your early entry and hit the big coasters (except Gatekeeper- long lines in AM since it’s the first ride many approach). When crowds swell, ride lower interest rides or go for a swim at your hotel. Back for big rides later afternoon. That’s what I’d do. With 3 days you’ll see everything.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakers vs breakers express

Just to clairfy, you will be going to Cedar Point Tuesday May 15th, Wednesday May 16th and Thursday May 17th?

If that is the case, you will not need the fast lane pass in my opinion. Most kids will be in school during the week and you should have short lines. As such, I would recommend staying at Breakers as that will allow you to easily walk back to your room throughout the day... this makes for a nice relaxing stay. (Express Hotel is across the bay and would require driving back and forth.)

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
772 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakers vs breakers express

Thats correct. Tuesday to Thursday. Intentionally planned not to go on a weekend day. Flying 20 hours to wait in lines isnt really on the agenda haha.

Thanks everyone

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakers vs breakers express

I also don't think you will need FLP on May weekdays. It may be worth it to go your first day, see how it goes, then opt for FLP for your second and third days if you feel it's needed. (I would rather stay at Breakers over Express).

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakers vs breakers express

Are you doing anything else while in Ohio?

FWIW, 3 week days at Cedar Point in early/mid May may be a bit much. You will be able to ride all the coasters and rides many times, and the shows may not be operating yet.

As an alternate suggestion, perhaps consider 2 days at Cedar Point, then 1 day at Kings Island. https://www.visitkingsisland.com

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
772 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakers vs breakers express

Thanks mate. I'll take a look!

United States
Level Contributor
343 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakers vs breakers express

Keep in mind kings island is 3 1/2 hours away near Cincinnati. There are other fun things to do right around Sandusky such as Put n Bay. What other plans do you have for your trip overall? How long will you be in the United States?

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakers vs breakers express

So i fly into cleveland on Sunday evening. Stay in cleveland that night. Hire a car (eek, wrong side of car/road) and drive to sandusky on Monday. Stay Monday-Thursday night and then drive back to Cleveland for a flight back to LA. Stay in LA for 4 days then fly home.

If the Cav's are still alive in the playoffs by the time i come i would really like to get to a game. Not sure how id make the logistics work though!.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Breakers vs breakers express
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted