We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mothers day in sandusky

chagrin falls
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
mothers day in sandusky

I am bringing my mom to sandusky for mothers day for Berardis fries. :) She is in her 80s and I wanted to get her on the water as well but I don't think a crowded goodtime boat ride is the answer. Does anyone know of a private water boat tour that will go for an hour or two?

3 replies to this topic
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
528 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: mothers day in sandusky

Hi, what a nice thing to do for hour mother on mother's day. I search private boat tours in Sandusky and nothing came up. But one did come up in Port Clinton which is only 20 minutes away from Sandusky. It was north coast tours. They said they open June 2nd. It's still quite cold on the water at this time. Bay Harbor, Margarittaville, Damons, Lymon Harbor all have great views of the lake. Just a thought. Let me know if you have any questions.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
110 reviews
2. Re: mothers day in sandusky

Normally I would suggest Mystic Belle tours (on the Huron River in Vermilion), but they don't open until Memorial Day. It's just a touch early for water tours still. It would be very chilly.

Try A1 Airboats. Not quite a traditional boat ride, but still fun.

You also could reach out to Lyman Harbor. Explain what you're wanting, and see if they know anyone who has a historic Lyman wooden boat who could give a ride.

chagrin falls
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: mothers day in sandusky

thanks for the info. I will bring her again later in the year when it is warmer. this mothers day it will just be Berardis for the fries she loves and a scenic ride home along route 6. :)

Reply to: mothers day in sandusky
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted