We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few Breakers questions

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,112 posts
267 reviews
Save Topic
A few Breakers questions

We are staying at Breakers next month and I just have a few questions. I believe I've read that there is an ice cream shop or stand near the pool area. Is there a bar near any of the pools or at the beach? Can you bring your own alcoholic beverages to the pool or beach? (I know that glass containers are a no-no!)

Also, we have extended family who are meeting us there and are staying at the Camper Village. Does anyone know if they would be allowed to join us at the Breakers pools or on the beach at the Breakers? Or, would we be allowed to join them at the Camper Village for their pool. (Not sure they have a beach area from the Cedar Point website.) I know some hotels we've stayed in have very strict pool rules and check very carefully to see if you are staying there and others don't check at all.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm sure I'll think of other things before we leave in about 2 1/2 weeks. Getting very excited here!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: A few Breakers questions

There is an ice cream shop right inside by the pool, down a hallway from the lobby.

I don't know anything about a bar or allowing alcoholic beverages.

As for pool rules, there are no checks to see if you're a guest of the hotel or not. I've gone swimming in the Breakers Pool once when I wasn't even staying anywhere on the Cedar Point property. Now I stay at the Breakers every time though.

You will have the time of your life there.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,112 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few Breakers questions

Thanks for the info.

Northwood, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few Breakers questions

Deb:

I can answer another question:

There is a TGI Friday's at the Hotel Breakers; the bar in there is the closest thing that you'll find to a bar at the beach. If you're lucky enough to have nice weather and good timing, you can snag a table on the patio, which is within 200' of the beach (as I recall).

Ohio has an open container law; no alcohol is permitted at the beach. For a full list of places that have alcohol available at Cedar Point, see:

cedarpoint.com/public/park/food/alcohol.cfm…

For beach rules, see:

soakcity.cedarpoint.com/public/beach.cfm…

As to your pool questions, I'm not sure. What I can tell you is lifeguards are on duty when the pool is open, something you don't see too much of anymore at hotel pools, and it can get VERY busy at those pools, but I'm not sure if registration is checked at the pools. And you're correct; the only beach is on the east side of the peninsula behind the Hotel Breaker's. There is no beach behind the Camper Village; just a lot of fairly large rocks.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,112 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few Breakers questions

Thanks again for the info.

5. Re: A few Breakers questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 13:17