We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beyond Sandusky ,safe, nice towns for overnight stay

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beyond Sandusky ,safe, nice towns for overnight stay

I realise that in almost every town and city ,you will find areas which are safer than others,but while looking at Norwalk ,I read a reply which was removed by TA so that I could not read it fully ,but was shocking enough to stop me in my tracks.How safe is Norwalk? are there other towns that you would consider to be a better,safer option.We are looking for somewhere to stay between Wellington and Cedar Point(going to Lorain County Fair before visiting Cedar Point so it will be late at night and really dont want to drive too far)we will also be staying in the Sandusky area the following night.

When it comes to safety the budget can go out the window!

Heart of it all
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beyond Sandusky ,safe, nice towns for overnight stay

Norwalk is a small town. I've only been there for a couple of basketball games. I would never ever consider it unsafe. Maybe someone elee out there knows more than I do, but I wouldn't be afraid to stay there.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beyond Sandusky ,safe, nice towns for overnight stay

That`s good to know,the posting I refere to is in relation to the Econo Lodge in Norwalk.

I realise that there have been occasions when people have posted lies about hotels simply to ruin their reputation and this may be the reason why the posting has been removed by TA(I hope it is anyway).It`s a shame they cant remove it completely !

3. Re: Beyond Sandusky ,safe, nice towns for overnight stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 14:16