We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information on going to soak city while at cedar point?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
341 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Information on going to soak city while at cedar point?

Their website is lousy! I take it there's a separate admission for soak city. I want to be able to walk my youngest child into soak city after going on some moderate rides, while my older kids enjoy the roller coasters. Is this doable? How much will this set me back? We are only going to be there one day. How close are the parks, I don't want to drive between them. Thanks.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information on going to soak city while at cedar point?

You don't need to drive between them, it's well within walking distance. However yes, if you're going to be floating between both parks, you'll have to pay admission for both. I wish CP had a combined admission like their sister park, Kings Island, does.

Keep in mind though, that the park itself offers some great water rides, and depending on when you are going to the park, the Soak City rides may be closed or freezing cold (Soak City is only open until September 5th).

My personal opinion is that Soak City is a mediocre waterpark. Many of the rides and slides badly need updated. Save your money for the main park, even if she isn't into huge roller coasters, there is more than enough to fill her day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
341 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information on going to soak city while at cedar point?

Thanks. That helps a lot.

Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information on going to soak city while at cedar point?

Go to Cedar Point’s website and check out the section under thrill rides. Not all of them are what I would consider “thrill” rides and I’m sure your daughter would like some of them. A lot of the carnival type rides are placed in this section. As mentioned on the other thread Iron Dragon is considered a roller coaster that hangs underneath but it is a very mild ride. No jerking or huge drops.

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
8,152 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
4. Re: Information on going to soak city while at cedar point?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 21:18