We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in and near Bandon

Angola, Indiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Activities in and near Bandon

I need true opinions of what there would be to do for a woman alone while her husband and son are golfing for 2 or 3 solid days. I don't think I would be comfortable venturing out too far on my own? Appreciate your feedback.

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,199 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities in and near Bandon

The downtown area is fairly compact and you can walk to the waterfront. Don't miss the Bandon Bakery, across the street from Radio Shack. I assume that the golfers are aware of the confiscatory greens fees.

Shasta, California
Level Contributor
252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities in and near Bandon

My husband and I and another couple will be in Bandon for a week and half in April. They will be out bicycling for 4-6 hours each day. I will not. I’ll walk different areas of the lovely Bandon Beach for hours, go downtown & watch the crabbers on the pier, visit the Museum, shop & eat. I’ll go to the Library to see the art exhibits. There’s an art gallery that has day classes. All of those should be fine for someone who doesn’t want to wander too far alone, and I’ve never had any nervousness or fear being by myself on the beach or in town in Bandon.

I like to go a bit farther so since I’ll have the car I might go just across the bridge to Bullard’s Beach State Park & walk there. Haven’t been to the Bandon Marsh Wildlife preserve (east of the bridge) so I might do that. I’ll go 25 miles up the road to Cape Arago and watch the seals, and then to Shore Acres State Park. I’ll go 25 miles south to Cape Blanco & historic Hughes House. Been to all those before, but never enough.

Get a Bandon Coffee Break – little weekday pamphlet available everywhere in town with ads & activities and it has a tide chart to see when low tide is for the best time to go to the tide pools at Coquille Point, but at low tide you’ll see sea stars & anemones at the base of every sea stack. Check the Bandon Chamber website for other activities at the time you’ll be there. You’ll have a great time without golf.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities in and near Bandon

CaliforniaDebb has given you some great ideas, curious85 :-) You could also do a "loop" drive to Coquille along 42S - that's old Hwy 101.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about being a lone female in or anywhere around Bandon.

Salt Lake City, Utah
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities in and near Bandon

My wife and I heard about Bandon, OR. 28 APApr to 11 May window. What can you say about why we would want to go. Never been to Oregon coast. Hotel availability?

Salt Lake City, Utah
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities in and near Bandon

Wife and I heard about Bandon, OR. We are not golfers but do enjoy leisure hiking, cycling, and arts. She does not like being cold but we aren't looking for Florida weather either. Our budget is not tight but we aren't splurgers either.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Activities in and near Bandon

Hi Joe- you should start a new post if you can, about your trip to Bandon. Are you going to be going just to Bandon or as a stop on a longer trip? Weather wont be cold but definetly not Florida... expect showers and 50 degrees or so...

BALTIMORE
Level Contributor
7 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Activities in and near Bandon

Besides golf, Bandon is all about the beach. The beach does not tend to get as crowded as, say, the beach at Newport, but I think you will be fine. Bandon in my view has the best beaches in OR or walking.

8. Re: Activities in and near Bandon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Bandon