We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel decision

Allentown...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Hotel decision

Looking at Bandon Inn, Winderemere or Bandon Beach Motel. Any thoughts? Going midweek in June. Coming from Newport and headed to California from here. Looking for cheaper side, either right on beach or very close to beach, and maybe walking distance to dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Bandon Inn
Bandon Inn
1,720 Reviews
Bandon, OR
Bandon Beach Motel
Bandon Beach Motel
564 Reviews
Bandon, OR
Newport
Newport
Oregon Coast, OR
California
California
United States
Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel decision

I have not stayed at any of those specific properties, but what I would do if I had a difficult time making a decision, is to google each one and read reviews on TA, Yelp, Bing. Those reviews are written by the same people who post here, and many times will have, as an added bonus, pictures.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel decision

Of those three, only the Bandon Inn would be within walking distance of dinner. But it's right on hwy 101 downtown, and not close to the beach. The other two, along with most other Bandon motels, sit on a bluff overlooking the beach, south of the town's center, and outside of walking distance to most restaurants. I don't know how rates compare to those you're considering, but the Sunset Motel sits on that same bluff, and has a nice restaurant on site. We stayed in the Vern Brown Addition there a couple years ago and it was fine.

There's nothing fancy about any of Bandon's motels, but the beach there is one of the best on the Oregon coast, so whatever rate you end up paying for beachfront lodging ends up being a great value.

Mentioned in this post
Bandon Inn
Bandon Inn
1,720 Reviews
Bandon, OR
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,358 posts
1,104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel decision

The Sunset Motel has several categories of rooms, some of which are oceanfront and some of which are ocean view. They have smaller rooms that are pretty inexpensive, so you might look at them. We've stayed there several times over the years, but not recently.

I've stayed at the Bandon Beach Motel and it was fine. We choose the corner room which was overpriced, in my opinion, but freshly painted and nicely decorated. I did look in a couple of their smaller rooms and they looked perfectly acceptable, but did not have balconies.

Both the above are located on the bluff above the beach.

Bandon Inn is on a hill overlooking old town and the marina (and farther out the ocean) and I think would be close enough to just walk down the hill to eateries although I've not stayed there.

Mentioned in this post
Bandon Beach Motel
Bandon Beach Motel
564 Reviews
Bandon, OR
Bandon Inn
Bandon Inn
1,720 Reviews
Bandon, OR
4. Re: Hotel decision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Bandon