We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I go to Yachats also?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Should I go to Yachats also?

I am driving the coastal Hwy from Big Sur to Bandon, OR. I am wondering if I should continue on to Yachats, or would I have seen the best of the coasts already?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,113 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I go to Yachats also?

There is no question that the southern coast is terrifically scenic!

Yachats is a picturesque tiny town. To get there from Bandon, you'll drive slightly inland. Going north-- you'll cross the big Coos Bay bridge, you could go inland a few miles at Reedsport to see wild elk, you drive past the largest coastal dunes in America, you might like to visit Heceta Head, the 'most photographed' lighthouse in the country, and you'll drive a spectacular stretch of road that hugs the coastal cliffs. Oh, and you might be interested in the Sea Lion CAves - the largest sea caves in North America.

If you have the time, make the drive :-)

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I go to Yachats also?

Yes. See Yachats and spectacular Cape Perpetua en route.

fs.fed.us/r6/…

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I go to Yachats also?

Where are you going from Bandon, back south?? If you have time yes go further north. I suggest you go as far as Newport. Newport good visit.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I go to Yachats also?

I think I will travel the entire coast of Oregon, it's too spectacular to miss. I will also cross into Washington State because I've never been there. Thank you all.

5. Re: Should I go to Yachats also?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Bandon