We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip itinerary for May

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip itinerary for May

My husband and I are planning to visit the west coast in late May. Don’t have much of an itinerary yet and just wondering the best way you could suggest to see as much as we can in 8 days. We would like to visit Seattle mostly, maybe some time in Portland, but Cannon Beach for sure, and possibly other spots alongside the Oregon Coast. If time allowed we would also take a ferry from Seattle to Vancouver Island. I realize that is a lot to do in 8 days. Just wondering if anyone had done something similar or had any suggestions for a trip like this. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
2,051 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island
British Columbia, Canada
2 replies to this topic
Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
297 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip itinerary for May

If wanting to be in Seattle mostly, plus going to Vancouver island, plus considering a day in and a day out, with at least a half day driving to Portland. It not to say it's not doable, but there is so much to see and do in either place. I'd pick one and save the other for another time.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island
British Columbia, Canada
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,003 posts
1,098 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip itinerary for May

Hello erinnicoleknits, welcome. Let's say you arrive in Seattle in the late afternoon/evening, so don't count that.

Allow three full days (Days 1,2,3) in Seattle. On Day 4 drive to Portland and spend the rest of that day plus two more (Days 5 & 6) in Portland, and in the late afternoon go to Cannon Beach. The rest of Day 6 and Day 7 in Cannon Beach.

That takes you to the morning of Day 8, and you are in Cannon Beach. So if you have to leave this day, your day will be driving back to Seattle, then flying home that evening.

As you can see, there is no time for Vancouver Island.

Or, you can comfortably see Seattle and Victoria (assuming that is your intent when mentioning Vancouver Island) within your 8 day time frame... but not Portland and Cannon Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
2,051 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island
British Columbia, Canada
Victoria