We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Williamette Valley

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Williamette Valley

My wife and I are driving down in mid June from Vancouver, BC.for a week to two week trip. Apart from a weekend in Portland, while there we drove to Canon Beach ,this is our first holiday to Oregon.

We are staying the first night in Olympia, Washington, then two nights each respectively in Lincoln Beach and Klamath Falls. This is visit Crater Lake.

I then want to journey though the Williamette Valley. Looking at the map I am considering making our first stop after Klamath Falls at Cottage Grove. Does that seem a good idea?

I would be very grateful for any suggestions as to where we should visit in the Williamette Valley . If at all possible I avoid Hwy. 5. I am very much a tourist and I enjoy scenic routes. I prefer to keep my drives to four or five hours maximum.

Thank you for any advice I can be given.

Klamath Falls Or
Level Contributor
96 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Williamette Valley

The back road suggestion from Canyonville through Tiller to Trail and on to Union Creek and Crater Lake is excellent. The North Umpqua route from Roseburg is also beautiful, but you'll see more people. I'd also skip Klamath Falls, Check out www.ThingsToDoNearCraterLake.com for information about the area just south of the national park.

12. Re: Williamette Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2010, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Cottage Grove