We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honey Bear Campground

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Honey Bear Campground

My husband and I are planning a week camping trip in our fifth wheel next May. Has anyone stayed recently at the Honey Bear Campground? Thanks!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,069 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honey Bear Campground

Hi, we also have a 5th wheel and have been to and/or stayed in nearly all the Oregon coast RV parks and campgrounds (we also live on the coast). We have not stayed at Honey Bear since it is on the east side of Hwy 101 *and* old 101, and we like to be ocean front if possible or at least closer to the ocean. They do have a few distant ocean view sites.

We were there about two years ago to buy sausage. The RV park is older, and was not too well kept up - a bit weedy and slightly neglected looking, that sort of thing. There are reviews here on TripAdvisor:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52006-d1646050…

Additional reviews on www.rvparkreviews.com

-

What type of RV park are you looking for? Are you driving the length of the coast?

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honey Bear Campground

Thanks, half-Brit for the reply. We would really like to stay ocean front, but not sure about some of the campgrounds for that. I have read some reviews about, say, Ireland, that the spots are very close together and the only good thing about it was the fact that it's so close to the beach. We have two mini Aussies, so somewhere that is very dog friendly is very important to us. That was one thing that Honey Bear seemed to offer. We don't mind a short walk to the beach. We do like our privacy as well. We are coming to check out Gold Beach, driving a bit up and down the coast, maybe even to the redwoods for day trips with Gold Beach area being our starting/ending spot each day. We love to sight see and walk/hike with our dogs. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!!!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,069 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honey Bear Campground

We've stayed at Ireland's quite recently and yes the sites are very tight for larger rigs. It's too bad because otherwise the location is good.

Oceanside RV park has a great location, but as you can read from my last review there, it's a bit odd. Well, really odd. There are no bushes nor trees in between sites. No TV at all, no wifi. Shame because the location is wonderful.

Turtle Rock sounds wonderful and they have beautiful ads, but we drove through there a few months ago, took some photos and it's not really very nice - lots of live ins with lots of "stuff" all around.

There is a small one just at the north end of the bridge (Lex's). It's very open, no bushes or trees, right on the river. It tends to attract fisher-folk since it has a dock. The other RV parks in Gold Beach are upriver with a drive to the beach, plus a small one right in town.

There is also a very small one called "By the Rogue" which is on the south side of the river right on the river, but I think it might be a private ownership one. I tried to add it to TA but could not find anything online about it. It's about a half mile walk to the beach.

We've also looked at Nesika Beach, which sounds great from their ads. Eh, in reality... not so much. It's quite old and whilst the tent spaces are pretty decent, the RV spaces are very close together.

There really aren't any RV parks or campgrounds around Gold Beach with a more natural / private setting with hookups. Humbug Mtn SP isn't bad and is near the beach but does not have sewer and I think not even water hookups, and of course no TV. Brookings has Harris Beach SP which has *some* full hookup sites (kind of near the highway) with trees all through the campground. It's tight for big rigs but we have seen some in there.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,069 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honey Bear Campground

You may know this already, but TripAdvisor does list RV parks and campgrounds and does have reviews and photos. Here is Gold Beach. I'm not sure which page the link below will bring up, so you may have to click on "Specialty Lodging" to find the RV parks:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g51887-Gold_Beach_Ore…

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honey Bear Campground

Thanks, so much for all that very good info! I really appreciate it. I think, after looking and reading reviews, Honey Bear may be our best bet. We have a fairly large fifth wheel and, with our two dogs, it seems like it will suffice. Granted, we won't be spending a ton of time in our camp spot. We will be out investigating, sight-seeing, hiking, walking the beach, eating, drinking, etc.! Can't wait to visit. This will be our first time exploring the southern part of the OR. coast.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,069 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honey Bear Campground

You're most welcome :-)

Enjoy your trip!

7. Re: Honey Bear Campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2016, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Gold Beach