We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

long island
Level Contributor
480 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

Thinking of visiting in early September 1 to 3 or later in September 10 to 12. What type of weather during this time period.

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

Weather is ideal then, a favorite time for many return visitors.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,068 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

Hi bethpage28, do you mean the town of Rogue River? Or are you referring to the Rogue River that meets the sea at Gold Beach?

Gold Beach will be very nice that time of year and usually has no rain. The town of Rogue River is inland near Grants Pass and in September can be very very warm - even hot. That inland part of southern Oregon routinely gets over 100º in summer and the weather there is quite different from the coast :-)

long island
Level Contributor
480 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

rogue river where it meets gold beach

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
45 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

What does "ideal" mean though?

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

Good question!! By ideal, Eddie means for the Oregon Coast. Late August through September, sometimes into mid October, is the warmest, calmest time of the year for us. You can expect high temps to be near 70 and lows around 50, with little to no daytime winds. This is different from now, for instance, where the northwest wind blowing off of the COLD Pacific Ocean can exceed 25mph during the heat of the day.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
45 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

Ah, it sounds like I want to go right now, then. For me, calm and warm is not ideal. LOL. Foggy and cold is ideal, which probably means December there?

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

LOL! No, December means cold and rainy!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
45 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

ha! I love this convo. It's getting me excited to actually come visit each season of the year.

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

Warm here is a high temperature of 70 degrees and then going down from there. You also can see the scenery in better color in summer as the dreariness and overcast of winter turns views into shades of gray. However you might want return in the winter sometime as it does have a certain charm. We do not actually get much fog on the Oregon coast but in the winter we do get a lot of overcast and drizzle and rain. The same ocean currents that bring wetness though brings enough warmth to prevent a lot of freezing so there is very little ice and no snow to speak of. Average overnight low in January is 39 degrees. Chilly but not freezing most of the time. In winter you get any room you want at lower price and your favorite restaurant without reservations.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
45 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in early September- gold Beach and Rogue River

Eddie, that sounds like key to my return visit. Talking with all of you here (on the friendliest forum ever!) has got me hooked and I'm not even there yet. I am in New Mexico. I want ocean, humidity, rain, and cold. It was 97 degrees today with desert mountains and 30% humidity. Gah. I'd also love to stay at the Heceta Light B&B. All of this sounds like December. Right this week, I'll come for this season's weather, scouting your beautiful area and falling in love with it.

Get answers to your questions about Gold Beach