We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Gold Beach or Brookings

Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
76 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Gold Beach or Brookings

Hi! My husband and I are will be road tripping down the Oregon coast and on to California. We are coming from Newport area and need 1 night's lodging around Gold Beach or Brookings. I will say, lodging on the southern coast seems less plentiful and just OK. Hotel/motel or B&B is fine. On the water is preferred. Have looked at TA numerous times but nothing striking my fancy. Any recommendations is appreciated. Maybe I am overlooking a gem...

Appreciate your assistance! We are looking forward to our trip!

7 replies to this topic
Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
76 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Gold Beach or Brookings

Whoops! Forgot to mention, we would love a balcony...

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Gold Beach or Brookings

Have you been to the Southern Oregon coast before ?

Medford, OR
Level Contributor
212 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Gold Beach or Brookings

All the places in those two towns are pretty standard. Nothing extraordinary for one night that is on the beach with balcony. There are some nice vacation rentals in both, but most have a two-night minimum. Friends like Gold Beach Resort in Gold Beach; I personally prefer rustic Ireland's, but it's a walk down to the beach and there are no balconies on the rustic cottages. In Brookings/Harbor, we've stayed at BW on the beach in Harbor, which has balconies and is right on the water. We've also stayed at Portside, which had balconies and a jacuzzi, but the view is of the harbor and didn't used to be all that pretty. Hopefully someone else knows of something we don't!

Medford, OR
Level Contributor
212 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Gold Beach or Brookings

If you are not too wedded to being right on the beach, check out TuTu Tun (tututun.com) Lodge on the Rogue River just east of Gold Beach. Not sure when their season ends, but it's more upscale.

Level Contributor
36,192 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Gold Beach or Brookings

TuTu Tun Lodge is very nice! If you can afford to stay there, try to. The rooms have balconies overlooking the Rogue River with outdoor hot tubs. It is in a gorgeous setting and the staff goes out of their way to ensure you have a great stay. :)

Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
76 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Gold Beach or Brookings

We have not been to the Oregon coast before and are so excited! Thanks for the suggestions...will check them out. An other thought is a cabin in the woods. Anything like that in the area? We appreciate both beach and wooded areas,

Thanks again!

Edited: 18 October 2016, 08:53
Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
76 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Gold Beach or Brookings

TuTu Ton Lodge does look lovely! We may go with it unless there is another gem in the area?

Edited: 18 October 2016, 09:27
Reply to: Where to stay in Gold Beach or Brookings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gold Beach