We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trick or treat

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Trick or treat

Just over 70 trick or treaters tonoght. down a bit from past couple of years

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trick or treat

I'm thinking around 60 at our house, but don't know for sure because I can't remember how much candy I ate myself. Best costumes of the night went to a pair of twins who showed up standing side by side, each costumed as a bloodshot eyeball. Pretty clever, I thought.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,728 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trick or treat

We had right around 100 kids, also down from other years. I think because it was so cold (yes, those of you from the NE can laugh!). DD was at a friends, so DS handed out candy. I babysat the dog:D

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,082 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trick or treat

We set a record for the 12 years we have lived in this house....8!!! (Yup, we kinda live out in the sticks!).

We owned a house in the "Bayside Gardens" area between Nehalem and Manzanita (this is also where I grew up) for 14 years b4 we moved to Florence and thought nothing of getting over 100 each year.

Den

Mentioned in this post
Manzanita
Manzanita
Oregon Coast, OR
Florence
Florence
Oregon Coast, OR
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trick or treat

0 here... lol we are way out in the sticks!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trick or treat

One kid dressed in a spiffy looking business suit, handed me a business card that said James Bond, and he did kind of look like Sean Connery though shorter, he may have been 12.

6. Re: Trick or treat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Tigard