We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Level Contributor
225 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Need help. Looking for restaurants NEAR the Amtrak station. Looking for something open for lunch. ( 12;00 PM --0n ). Have about a two hour lay over. Most that I have found dont open till 4;00 PM. To late for me. Failing that, any information on what the station itself has to offer would be most welcome. Thanks.

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

The Alva Hotel and Resturant will be open. My mother used to eat there at lot when she worked in Harrisburg. It used to be a good place to eat lunch.

It's just slightly south-west of the train station on 4th street. You can actually see it from the station.

Mentioned in this post
Harrisburg
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Another quick lunch spot close to the Amtrak station would be Philadelphia Steak and Hoagies at 23 North Fourth Street. It's on the same street as the Alva but on the other side of Market Street.

The second floor of Strawberry Square at the corner of Fourth & Walnut Streets has a food court area with the usual options - subs, burgers, Mexican, Chinese, pizza, Arby's. This would be a block from the station.

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
3. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 09:20
Get answers to your questions about Harrisburg