We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

extended stay for nearly month and half

Ahmedabad
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
extended stay for nearly month and half

I am going to be in Harrisburg PA for nearly a month and half on work. Need to find a good, clean and safe extended stay place which is not really expensive. If its near Middletown that will be great as I would need to go often to middletown Pa area often. Can anyone suggest a good option, I have done some research on internet but cant say much from websites. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Harrisburg
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: extended stay for nearly month and half

There are several extended stay properties close to the Rt 283/83/322 split. This area is an easy drive to Middletown, down Rt283. If you google extended stay harrisburg you'll get the list.

The area is close to shopping and restaurants, it's a relatively safe area, I worked near that location. Although my car did break down on the road near the mall and the officer said to have it out by evening or I may have issues.

Ahmedabad
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: extended stay for nearly month and half

Thank you your suggestion is appreciated, but as I am traveling from India I might not have an option of a car on regular basis, any public transport available from there?

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: extended stay for nearly month and half

Public transportation is available in the Harrisburg area on Capital Area Transit. Here is their website. Route 7 is the Middletown route so you can check for stops.

http://www.cattransit.com/

As suggested in a prior post, the properties in the area of the 283/83/322 split are centrally located.

Homewood Suites at 3990 TecPort Drive, Harrisburg gets good reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Harrisburg
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
Ahmedabad
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: extended stay for nearly month and half

thank you for the info.

5. Re: extended stay for nearly month and half

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Harrisburg
;