We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodloch pines with a toddler

NYC
Level Contributor
361 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Woodloch pines with a toddler

My husband, 6 year old and 22 month old are going to woodloch pines for the first time January Martin Luther weekend for 3 nights - all that's available. I have done my research but the activities seem overwhelming. Any opinion on what to do with the 22 month old? How do we manage time to get the most out of this trip? Also the 22 month old drinks milk few times a day in a bottle, do we take our own or will they provide? Do they charge for cribs? We have an edge water suite. We really aren't familiar and don't want to spend the time just finding out where to go. Also what time should we arrive for check in ? And at check out what time do you suggest leaving ? Any replies are so appreciated as so many topics are closed here -not sure why. Thanks so much.

6 replies to this topic
NYC
Level Contributor
361 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woodloch pines with a toddler

Anyone ?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woodloch pines with a toddler

Not to seem caustic but why did you not ask your concerns at the resort prior to booking your adventure? How can anyone advise you on what your 22 month old is capable of doing.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woodloch pines with a toddler

I have never been to woodloch pines, but it appears you are only about an hour from Steamtown which kids usually love: http://www.nps.gov/stea/index.htm

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woodloch pines with a toddler

And you are about 2 hours from Knobels, a nice amusement park: http://www.knoebels.com/

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Woodloch pines with a toddler

I hope you had a great time because Woodloch is great for all ages.

Mentioned in this post
Woodloch Pines Resort
Woodloch Pines Resort
1,485 Reviews
Hawley, PA
Princeton Junction...
Level Contributor
269 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Woodloch pines with a toddler

Woodloch Pines is a wonderful resort for families ! Your toddler will have access to activities that are for the young. There is an indoor jungle gym, there is an arts/crafts activity room. If you are there at a certain time of the month they have a petting zoo come on the grounds for the young children. There is always the lake and the "beach:area" . They have swings sets, jungle gym play areas. They have indoor pools as well. The activites are only as overwhelming as you make them to be. You are given a daily calendar of activites early in the morning and then you can pick and choose as the day goes by. You are going in the winter, bring real warm clothes..it gets very cold in the mountains. There is also a snowing tube ride down the mountain outside the main restaurant. I don't know where you are staying but the Inn on the grounds carries some groceries, yet there is a brand new grocery store/gas station right outside the Pines. Which is less than a 10min car ride up the road. I have been going to Woodloch for 17 years, cant imagine why there are no newer posts, but if there are any concerns call the resort, they are extremely helpful ! If you are in NYC I can imagine the car ride for you will be at least 2 hours. Hope I have answered some of your questions.

Mentioned in this post
Woodloch Pines Resort
Woodloch Pines Resort
1,485 Reviews
Hawley, PA
Reply to: Woodloch pines with a toddler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hawley