We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach to elope

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Beach to elope

Where is the most romantic part of jervis bay to hold an elopement in first week of April? Best picture spots and nicest part to stay in for nothing more than scenery! Best and most scenic beach? I'm coming down from Port Macquarie for 4-6 days ! Celebrant and photographer have been booked! Yayyyh

8 replies to this topic
New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach to elope

Parts of Jervis Bay aren't in NSW, as they are in their own Territory so consider the legality of which beach you select. Green Patch for example is not in NSW.

Edited: 22 January 2017, 12:05
Australia
Level Contributor
4,507 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach to elope

I suppose [1] is asking whether your celebrant can celebrate on Commonwealth/Aboriginal land as well as in NSW.

The ideal place, and I know of others who have been married and recommitted there, is Greenfields Beach, a NSW National Park, not to be confused with Greenpatch in the Booderee National Park.

Special charm of relatively small circular grassed area and laneway to spectacular beach.

visitnsw.com/destinations/…greenfield-beach.

When you look at the google map you will see there is a single road in, most of which is parking. Also several nearby accommodation places visible, about which I have no knowledge. There is a walkway to Hyams Beach which is a relatively isolated probably more expensive place to stay. A lot of accommodation options from Greenfields to Vincentia to Huskisson.

If you plan any number of people and if you want to see if any space can be reserved contact National Parks.

Or perhaps your celebrant could/should do that.

NPWS South Coast Regional Office

Address: 55 Graham St, Nowra NSW 2541

Phone:(02) 4423 2170

In terms of space, in the past we have used electric bbqs there for pancakes and bacon breakfast. As the morning progresses people turn up anxious for a barbecue... You can see the two smaller barbecues and larger shelter shed on google map and street view.

You could use the grass space or the beach for a ceremony. .

The first week of April is wonderful weather (usually, historically, sigh...) and not school holidays.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
9,342 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach to elope

Honeymoon Bay

http://currarong.org.au/?page_id=213

Abraham's Bosom Beach (second on the list on this link)

dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/sc…

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach to elope

Wayoutback99...that was a good call. Most would not have picked it up . They might have to lodge to paperwork in Canberra (by the way the titles office has moved from Fyshwick to Dickson recently)

Good Luck for the wedding .

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach to elope

This is too hard the south coast looks amazing. My home town of port Macquarie is beautiful but this area might nearly take the cake!

My celebrant can inform me of what we need to lodge pending on where we choose.

Is husky or Hymas the most central/scenic beach style accomodation worth paying the extra? Our only request is beach front and good spot! Probably rent a week long stay off stayz.

Honeymoon bay has a nice ring to it!

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach to elope

This is too hard the south coast looks amazing. My home town of port Macquarie is beautiful but this area might nearly take the cake!

My celebrant can inform me of what we need to lodge pending on where we choose.

Is husky or Hymas the most central/scenic beach style accomodation worth paying the extra? Our only request is beach front and good spot! Probably rent a week long stay off stayz.

Honeymoon bay has a nice ring to it!

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
9,342 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach to elope

<http://www.southcoastregister.com.au/story/3656713/measures-to-tackle-hyams-beach-traffic-welcomed/>

If choosing Hyams Beach bear in mind it can be inundated with seaweed at times and that does not make for a scenic wedding. Also, the council rangers make spot checks throughout the year as the village is small and parking can be difficult.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,507 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach to elope

Hyams Beach gets fame from the claim to have the whitest sand and has a rating among some glitterati and folk who turn up in TV magazines, and it has a cafe which similarly rates because it's at Hyam's, but it's more difficult to get to, and to get to or from shops or restaurants, compared to Vincentia and Huskisson.

It is difficult to predict seaweed, but there is a trick to dealing with the problem - which can amount to several feet of stinking rotting weed on the water margin at (rare) bad times. If the weed is blown from the east it hits north-south beaches. If it is blown from the north, it hits north facing beaches.

Orion Beach is a lovely north facing beach, but it can only be reached by log steps (unlike Greenfields). Swim with care at the reefy, sharp rocky end. Orion Beach is my favourite... but the dog gets to vote too and he votes for Nelson's Beach. http://doggo.com.au/nelsons-beach/

I don't know if your dog is eloping with you... :-)

Parkland at Plantation Point above Nelsons Beach.

Rentals from local agents or:

https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/Plantation-Point…

A 2km walk to Greenfields from Plantation Point

500 metres to Orion Beach from Plantation Point

Reply to: Beach to elope
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jervis Bay