We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Lancaster ... with pets?

United States
Level Contributor
249 posts
280 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Lancaster ... with pets?

Would Lancaster be a good destination Dec 25-27? We would need a pet-friendly place. Know that most businesses will be closed on Christmas Day, but what about Sat & Sun? Or will a lot of places be closed all weekend due to holiday? Any suggested places to stay or activities that weekend? Thanks much!

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
United States
Level Contributor
249 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Lancaster ... with pets?

Bump! Needing some advice ... before planning another location. Thanks!

PA, USA
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Lancaster ... with pets?

hmm, i can't help you with the pet-friendly information, sorry. what sort of activities would you be looking for? shopping, antiquing, dining, shows & museums....? if you could give a better idea of what sort of trip you are putting together i am sure someone can provide the info you are seeking.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Lancaster ... with pets?

I don't know the details, but friends stayed at the Marriott in downtown Lancaster with their dog recently.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Lancaster ... with pets?

I read on the Eden Resort website that they have certain rooms which accept pets. I think they are the cute little house type rooms which are seperate from the resort. They have been redone and look very nice. They even have one with a set of bunk beds if you have kids.

Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Lancaster ... with pets?

There are a few pet friendly hotels I can tell you about. One is the Comfort Inn on Route 23 in New Holland and the other is the Quality Inn on Route 30, Lancaster, it's across from Dutch Wonder Land. They both are part of the Choice Hotels. www.choicehotels.com. There also is a pet hotel.

Pet Smart has a store that opened last July in Lancaster at 1700 Fruitville Pike K , 717.481.9902, Ext. 6 . They do require that a dog has all it's bordetella shots. We were going to use it, but prefered the hotel instead.

I hope this will be of help to you.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.

popc

Mentioned in this post
Holland
Holland
Ottawa County, MI
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Lancaster ... with pets?

I just remembered someplace that would be perdect for Christmas. Check out www.nationalchristmascenter.com. It is EVERYTHING Christmas. Toys, trees,lights, trainsets, the Nativity. I could go on and on. My wife and I went two years ago. We received tickets to see The Miracle of Christmas at Sight & Sound and the Christmas Center from our son and daughter-in-law. We loved it all.

What ever you decide to do, do it in the Spirit of Christmas and you won't go wrong.

God Bless

popc

7. Re: Christmas in Lancaster ... with pets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2010, 12:17