We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotel between Philadelphia and Langhorne?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Good hotel between Philadelphia and Langhorne?

We will are planning a visit this month to Sesame Place and the Please Touch Museum with our three year old. We also wanted to add in Diggerland (in NJ)...but haven't mapped that out yet. I am in search of a current recommendation for a reasonably priced and clean hotel (luxury not a priority; simple and clean) with a pool (indoor or outdoor) in between Philly and Sesame Place - say approximately 15 minutes from both locations.

Also curious if there was one other ONE thing to do with a three year old in Philly ...what would it be?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,530 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
Diggerland
Diggerland
355 Reviews
West Berlin, NJ
5 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotel between Philadelphia and Langhorne?

About 1/2 way between Please Touch and Sesame Place would be northeast Philly. There is a Holiday Inn Express off of I95 at route 63, which has a pool. It's closer to Sesame Place, but right off the highway. Philadelphia Zoo would be another place for a 3 yr old perhaps.

Mentioned in this post
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,530 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
Philadelphia Zoo
Philadelphia Zoo
1,573 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
New York, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotel between Philadelphia and Langhorne?

Thanks. I just called and they have no availability for our dates! Boo. I feel destined to pay an arm and a leg. lol.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotel between Philadelphia and Langhorne?

Are you planning on visiting during the convention? If so, you might want to rethink as hotels everywhere may be full. Might try Four Points by Sheraton NE. There a bunch of hotels/motels off the Turnpike at route 1. Much closer to Langhorne however.

Mentioned in this post
Langhorne
Langhorne
Bucks County, PA
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,645 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hotel between Philadelphia and Langhorne?

You don't need to be "between". Stay in downtown Philadelphia, or stay in Langhorne. They are only 30 minutes apart. Since you will have a car, Langhorne is the better option. Spring Hill Suites is across the street from Sesame Place, as is the Sheraton Bucks County. Both have pools.

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Langhorne
Langhorne
Bucks County, PA
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,530 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Sheraton Bucks County...
722 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
Philly Suburbs
Level Contributor
599 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hotel between Philadelphia and Langhorne?

Most of the hotels near Sesame Place offer packages with discount tickets, so it may be worth a few phone calls to find out what is available.

Have not been to Diggerland, but from what I have heard, it is geared towards older children and probably not as appropriate for a 3-year-old. If you are looking to add something else to your trip, maybe head up to Peddler's Village in Lahaska and go to Giggleberry Fair.

Mentioned in this post
Sesame Place
Sesame Place
2,530 Reviews
Langhorne, PA
Diggerland
Diggerland
355 Reviews
West Berlin, NJ
Peddler's Village
Peddler's Village
637 Reviews
Lahaska, PA
Reply to: Good hotel between Philadelphia and Langhorne?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Langhorne
More Langhorne Topics