We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Immigration helpp

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Immigration helpp

Hey everyone hope you all are well. Its my first time to america. Will be arriving at JFK Airport. Any idea what is the dollar limit a family of four can carry? I heard its 10000 dollars! What if one takes extra cash in his luggage?

Help required

Thankyou

2 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Immigration helpp

Hello, you have posted on the travel information board for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, with a question that few could probably answer . For a question such as this, do not ask strangers, contact the closest Embassy or Consulate in your area.

Brigantine, New...
Level Contributor
902 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Immigration helpp

Here is the official government page with the information you need. You exceed $10,000 but only by completing a form. Failure to do so could result in the money being taken from you so whatever you do don't try to hide cash in your luggage and not declare it.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/195/~/currency-and-monetary-instruments---amount-that-can-be-brought-into-or-leave

I hope your family enjoys their time in the US!

Edited: 14 June 2018, 03:04
Reply to: Immigration helpp
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about United
Recent Conversations